Best Droptop

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
I started this on irc, and it really go me into thinking, what is the best roadster, or at least what you think is the best, the Coupe already has perfection, but it seems this catagory still remains largely open, so for is it a Mercedes SL, a Ferrari F430 Spyder, a Zonda F Roadster, a Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupe, Aston DB9 Droptop, or something else? Name yours.

Also what would be the best roadster (no limit) for the Nurbergring?

Last edited:
jensked, you stupid man!

It's of course that Citro?n POS.

Seeing as the Gallardo is my fave supercar, i'd go for that, but it's still no better than the coupe IMHO.

I started this on irc, and it really go me into thinking, what is the best roadster, or at least what you think is the best, the Coupe already has perfection, but it seems this catagory still remains largely open, so for is it a Mercedes SL, a Ferrari F430 Spyder, a Zonda F Roadster, a Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupe, Aston DB9 Droptop, or something else? Name yours.
Depends on if you want a comfy cruiser (Merc. SL 55 AMG), if you want to show off (Lambo Murcielago Convertible) or if you want a driving machine (Caterham).

Also what would be the best roadster (no limit) for the Nurbergring?
Caterham, no doubt. And it is Nurburgring, please.

LP640 is the most badass...
Gallardo would look awesome...
F430 isn't my kind of thing.
The DB9 Volante is nice, but I'd get either the DBS or V8 Vantage Roadster if I was getting an Aston.
XKR would be a great cruiser, and TT would be a great cheap option.
New McMerc SLR Roadster has an awesome sound...
I wouldn't even consider the Porsches, not even the Carrera GT as its too track based for the road for me.
:wall::wall::wall:

But if it were my money...I'd buy the V8 Vantage.

For the Nurburgring? Definitely the Ariel Atom.

I speak German! Well. A bit. But still more than quite a lot of members...

Aww, does it have to be a new car? :cry:

1964.JPG

As for the 'Ring, I'm sure the Atom should count...

What are the rules exactly? Only stock versions with no modifications, drivable with and without roof, road-legel (just somewhere or in Germany)?

Not sure a standard Atom or Caterham are the best pick for the Nordschleife, lots of high speed corners, crests and bumps where good aerodynamics give some benefit, which is missing in the stock versions of both these cars. The Ariel is technically not even a droptop as are most of the dedicated track toys like the Radical SR3, Westfield, KTM X-Bow etc.

So probably CCXR in both categories, if Targas count.

I didn't want to treat our non-german speaking friends with a german Umlaut. And if you want to be nit-picky the ? has to appear first: N?rburgring. :p

oh, shit, you owned me there.:lol:

anyway, you could always spell it nuerburgring if your keybord lacks the ?. or use the keypad...somewhere between the likes of ? < D ? ? ? ? there should be an ?. ;)

not for the ring, of course:

Lincoln_Continental_Convertible_1962%20(6).jpg

ah, bloody hell, did i just post already? totally forgot. :D

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible with Z51 Performance Package.

1215509840_de42e3d569_b.jpg

truck009.jpg

Thank you, now get out of my way.