Best Era in F1

Best Era in F1

• Total voters

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
What do you think? I liked the late 60s and 70s because thats when they had all the big technological advancement and all the danger and excitement was there. I voted 70s and 80s because thanks to fish, i can actually watch those old races

the 70's and 80's

forced induction + all sorts of batshit insane ideas on how to go faster

I only starting following F1 last year, so I can't really say, but I'm sure there have been better eras than the current.

80's and 90's, as driving the cars (some easily surpassing 1000 bhp, with no electronic driver aids) took real skill to pilot.

For me it was 1998 - 2006. F1 is going to die because of all the old farts, who run it, with all their proposals like 1.8l engines, standart aero & chassis, bio fuel, less emissions & stuff. It just won't be exciting.

Well this is actually quite difficult - er 30s and the Auto Union vs Mercedes battle.

I hate to say this as the Nazis were funding both parties for other than sporting reasons. Bur Dick Seaman's win in the German Grand Prix sealed it for me. Despite this :

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,782811,00.html

I like Jimmy Clark (60)s, Ayerton senna (80-90)s and Jackie Stewart (70)s too.

These polls dont work because the era's are too impossible to compare.

I stuffed up. Meant to vote for 90s to present. All of the races I have on my HDD are from this time, from 1991 Belgian grand prix to 2007 European grand prix. I started watching in 1997, and have fond memories of the late nineties and onwards.

everything before the 90s was great, then it all got rather boring.:p

The 80s, with 1000 hp turbocharged cars combined with drivers like Nelson Piquet, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna, Niki Lauda and the madman Andrea DeCesaris...