best FFB racing wheel for pc?

bigfoot1942

i really need a FFB racing wheel with GTR...
Which ones are good, and which ones would you advise?

I agree with Viper here, the 900 degree turning radius is useless. Especially in a game like GTR where you need quick steering response. I recommend the MOMO Racing Force. Of course, if you find a good second-hand MOMO Force(red one) for a reasonable price I'd go for that.

wasnt there something wrong with the momo wheel? (or at least some versions of it)?

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the gas pedal losing calibration for the MOMO Racing Wheel (seems to be a mechanical issue).
I had this problem, and (for me) this was relatively easily fixed (if your not afraid to open it up).
Not sure if they have fixed this in production or not.

Viper007Bond said:
Easte of money tho IMO as only GT4 supports 900 degrees. Save your money and get a Logitech MOMO. A ton of people here, including me, have one and love it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=26-128-006&depa=0

In Germany the Momo is 3 Euros cheaper... Big deal...

The 900? mode itself is on any PC game in fact useless. They are not optimized for it... GT4 however plays extremly well with it.

BUT: You can engage 900? mode and than set the wheel to 500?, or 300? or whatever you like... I play mostyl at 240?. And that's worth 3 Euros...

The rest of the Driving force pro is just like the MOMO, but the pedal bug is supposed to happen less often...

Buba

how expensive are either the Momo or the Logitech Driving Force Pro in germany?
Over here they are both about 100 euro at best...

Just as well... Paid 102 Euros for my dfp and the momo would have been 99 at that time... 2 months ago... I just checked, it didn't change...

If they are similar priced, get the Driving Force Pro... The difference isn't big anyway... Unless you got a PS2 and GT4, then you simply have no choice!!!

Buba

I would go for the dfp. Although it's not the cheapest one out there, it's really good. Especially if you have a ps2 with gt4. It's not just the turning ratio (which can be adjusted), it's also the improved force feedback.

Greetz Johan

freerider said:
It's not just the turning ratio (which can be adjusted), it's also the improved force feedback.

Greetz Johan

Actually I haven't driven with the MOMO, but I heard that before... And I can tell you, that FFB is really strong... Somehow its set to only 60% when you take it out of the box, because otherwise the effects would be too hard on older games (which suck ffb-wise anyway...) I havn't tried to set it to 100% because the last iA Test in GT4 where you drive in Sarthe with that 380km/h beast was killing my wrist. I'm really not a weak person, do workout 3-4 times a week, but I couldn't bring up the strengtgh to keep it 100% in the middle...

But on GTR those effects are pure magic... You go over a Kerb and it just feels sooo real!

Buba

I would also like to vote for the DFP from logitech. Its got great FFB strenght and the wheel is super smooth. I broke out my classic ( i think so) Need for Speed Porsche unleashed, just to see how it felt, and i'm still playing it after 2 weeks. I'm also playing GPL with the 65 mod and its just great.
You can probably find the wheel on amazon for 104, last time i check with free shipping to boot.
Qutlass!

Qutlass said:
I would also like to vote for the DFP from logitech. Its got great FFB strenght and the wheel is super smooth. I broke out my classic ( i think so) Need for Speed Porsche unleashed, just to see how it felt, and i'm still playing it after 2 weeks. I'm also playing GPL with the 65 mod and its just great.
You can probably find the wheel on amazon for 104, last time i check with free shipping to boot.
Qutlass!

Free shipping to where? and which amazon. Amazon.de is 119... :( And I'm only ordering it from Europe, because of customs...