No 56k: Best interiors out there?

My dad's old '03 A6 was one of, if not the, more comfortable car I have ever sat in. The seats in the back were the perfect shape, working immensely well with the leather to just make it a nice car to sit in.

I have to say the interiors of VOLVO really are the shit
[...]
the center counsel with the pass through behind it classy

(It's center console*)

My mom got a 2008 S60 for a loaner while she got her 2003 one repaired, I honestly thought that the floating center stack with the pass through made it feel cheap. It's all concept-y and futuristic, but that is a retro-futuristic style. A solid center stack connecting to the lower center console and flowing into an arm rest is the best design. Makes it feel more cozy and expensive, well a bit coupe like, but more substance and volume to it.

Not really >.< love this tho, ignore the steering wheel:
32298160013_large.jpg

bmw's cockpit interiors have always been my fauvorites

What car is that specifically from? E30 M3? or a regular 3er? I kinda like my car better as it feels a bit more expensive than a mass of plastic that resembles econocars from the 90s.

I kinda feel that cars went more... practical, utilitarian and Corolla-like when I was born. And all the cool and wild cars were left back in the 80s.

Ideal daily driver seats would be leather buckets... something along these lines (GT3):
993-seats-1.jpg

Comfort and support. Yay!

VAG seats tend to be very good. MkIV R32 had fantastic seats:
driver%20seat.jpg

Audi/VW usually have very good lumbar support too, which is important to me.

Lol, I would love a GT3, but having only one back position would drive me nuts

And I always admired higher end Volkswagen/Audi interiors. Best bang for buck in each of their respective markets.

Although... *squint* I do not see an arm rest in that Mk4 R...

Last edited:
I hate 80s interiors for the most part. I hate boxes.

What car is that specifically from? E30 M3? or a regular 3er? I kinda like my car better as it feels a bit more expensive than a mass of plastic that resembles econocars from the 90s.

It's from an E34 5er (M5 judging from the gearlever and the seats)

This is my car's interior:

Cressidafs-1.jpg

Very simple but very comfortable. Most of the buttons are aluminum not plastic. There's a few bits of faux wood...maybe because its very dark it doesn't bother me as much as other faux wood pieces. A good balance between metal, leather and plastic, not totally one sided either way.

5.jpg

For some reason... I want this car really badly...

I am guessing it's because of watching too much Top Gear where JC keeps praising the previous generation one as the little car that does everything.

I have never thought of taking pictures of my car's interior, but here is what it looks like:
Volvo850_dash.jpg

Boxy, functional, and yet not as boxy as 80's GM interiors.

I love my cars interior, everything is just classically enjoyable. The seats are comfy too.

The most comfortable car I have ever sat in was a C5 Corvette...yep, I just sunk into the leather seats, and ya the dash was terrible but looking over it and seeing the beautiful manta ray looking arches over the wheels was awesome.

Most comfy interior I've ever been in: 1968 Dodge Polara Wagon, that or a 1964 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.

best is mine though. Keep it simple.
P1010043.jpg

Hoested though photobucket account... don't know whether the pic works or not.

Last edited:
Best seats are on the bentley continental gt. Someone post a pic please I'm posting on my phone.

No, I was just making a comparison. Just take a look at the interior of a F-Body or a Fiero.
Sorry, I misread, I may be a bit dyslexic at times when I read fast.

Best seats are on the bentley continental gt. Someone post a pic please I'm posting on my phone.

2007-project-kahn-bentley-continental-gt-cockpit-interior-view-588x441.jpg

They're okay.

But check this out

http://www.luxury4play.com/audi/21067-little-l4p-love-my-a4-modem-burner.html

THAT is balling, a total buildup on a cheap beater.

Most comfy interior I've ever been in: 1968 Dodge Polara Wagon, that or a 1964 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.

best is mine though. Keep it simple.
P1010043.jpg

Please repost pic?

Here's my as-is-right-now interior. I haven't cleaned it or prepped it for storage yet due to weather (as you can see on the windshield). It's not bad, but it's not luxury either. Good for a driver, I think.

That's pretty cool, why is the passenger side dash caved like that? Looks like it will be painful in the event of a front end collision.

That's pretty cool, why is the passenger side dash caved like that? Looks like it will be painful in the event of a front end collision.

Caved because it was probably cheaper to duplicate the shape from the drivers side over there, and it's visually balanced. It's actually made of a dense foam, so it's not solid metal, but it wouldn't be pleasant in a crash for sure- hopefully that's why you're wearing a seatbelt. There were optional trim packages that included woodgrain and a clock in the hollow as well. In fact, that panel is easily swapped out for a couple different panels that have the woodgrain and clock, and you could probably get away with installing a gauge cluster there too since it's the same shape. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/21/1969-mustang-mach-1-original-dashboard-2.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/11/21/0708_mufp_06_z_1969_mustang_boss302_interior.jpg

Last edited:
My interior

090801_133557.jpg

And I really like the E46's interior, much more then the newer E90

E46M3interior.jpg