best nordschleife race sim for PC

ring.jpg

ring2.jpg

hahahhaa....yes it's a RX-8
for more detail, plz refer to www.racer.nl :thumbsup:

meeh, racer suxx :thumbsdown:
i tested about 100cars on 100different tracks, and everything was sooo far away from reality, not to mention the millions of bugs everything has... :?

the 1st pic you posted, that looks more like the high speed track @ nardo rather than norschleife :lol: the thing is a bit too wide imo :)

racer is a good idea, but for some strange reason it didnt work out that well imo

Yea, the military removed the limitations on civilian GPS a while back. They figure we cant use it against them anymore...or they have something better! :D

I have a ring tutorial DVD by Jon Felstead, and there are MANY laps of the ring shown from various camera angles. I must say that GT4 looks close but not 100%. There are noticable differences. I have probably done 200+ laps on the GT4 ring, so i've got a relatively good idea... The GT4 ring also appears much more bumpy than the real thing. I think they went overboard with the bumps. Many of my cars easily lose control over many sections and I have to do some pretty crazy suspension tweaks just to keep it on the track. :thumbsdown:

pdanev said:
meeh, racer suxx :thumbsdown:
i tested about 100cars on 100different tracks, and everything was sooo far away from reality, not to mention the millions of bugs everything has... :?

the 1st pic you posted, that looks more like the high speed track @ nardo rather than norschleife :lol: the thing is a bit too wide imo :)

racer is a good idea, but for some strange reason it didnt work out that well imo

DON'T FORGET THAT RACER IS FREE. :x
don't be so mean...

BUMP :p I should probably make a new thread, but Now, what is the best version of the Nordschleife?

rFactor's 2.21?, GTR Evo's? GT4, Forza 3?

Still would wager on GT4. These things are usually in direct relation to money thrown at the problem. Polyphony doesn't seem to mind that aspect, so they usually win.

BUMP :p I should probably make a new thread, but Now, what is the best version of the Nordschleife?

rFactor's 2.21?, GTR Evo's? GT4, Forza 3?

GTR Evo i feel.. Simbin have always been the best at making tracks.

Ok, basic GPS lesson. There are two types. A simple low accuracy unencrypted version and a high accuracy encrypted military version. The military use the low quality version to get an idea of where they are before locking onto the high quality stream (which requires that you have a clue where you are).

Ah ok, i stand corrected. So is the military version that they can make the measurements faster?

The military version is more accurate than the civilian one full stop. For the civilian one there are techniques such as DGPS that improve accuracy (another is simply to leave the sensor in one place for months and average it) but you're still using the basic universally available GPS.

Yea, the military removed the limitations on civilian GPS a while back. They figure we cant use it against them anymore...or they have something better! :D
They have promised to no longer implement "selective availability" which is a system that allows them to artificially reduce the accuracy of the "civilian" GPS band. It would have still been accurate enough to allow them to lock onto the encrypted channel but not enough for accurate civilian use.

GT4 > Everything

Yes, even today

the one in rfactor doesn't seem too bad, but If i drove the nord. IRL, I would probably be highly critical of it. I read a review of a guy who drove there, and he said even the one in GT4 has some elevation changes wrong and also some corners are a bit off.

GT4's is wrong, mainly in the elevation changes.

The most accurate is the one for rFactor. It has been remapped against 2D GPS data and an elevation map (which is better, but still not 100%). It still misses a lot of the corrugations and bumps, but there is only so much fidelity you can attain without laser mapping the whole thing! After so many years of evolution, the rF track shares no parts with the GPL base it originated from.

If you learn the track with a realistic driving simulator, even if the layout is slightly wrong, you will understand things like the braking points a lot better. GT4 is not a realistic simulator. Work out the bumps after you've driven a slower first lap at the real ring.

Crack out the caterhams and have a blast in rF. :)

Alternately, you could wait for iRacing (who made the GPL version) to drive around nurby with their laser-scanning truck! It will happen, it has to.

A couple of years ago i read some regular ringers saying the bumps and some elevation differences are pretty inaccurate in GT4, that there are bumps that really aren't there or they're much bigger than in reality etc.