Best of eBay and Craigslist

That's a Series III. It's the ugliest one, if we can say that about an E-type.

But nice, for a Series III. Very nice.

I love it! (apart from the black bumpers)

Care to enlighten me and point out esthetical differences between the series?

Series III E-Type improvements
When the new Series III was launched in March 1971 it not only had the beautiful new V12 engine but it had many other obvious differences from the Series II that it replaced. The air intake ?mouth? in the bonnet was enlarged and a chrome grille had been added along with a low mounted air scoop to enhance cooling. The wheel arches were flared and extended to cover the four inch wider track and bigger wheels (up from five inches to six inches). Only a roadster and 2+2 Coupe were offered and both were built on the longer 2+2 wheelbase. In the superseded series one and two, the roadster and fixed head coupe versions had been built on a shorter wheelbase. The overall effect gave the Series III car a more aggressive stance and more "muscular" appearance.

Power steering and a limited slip differential were standard and an anti-roll bar and anti-dive geometry had been added to the front suspension along with improved brakes. The front subframes were "beefed up" to handle the power of the V12 and a four outlet exhaust tailpipe indicated that this car was different.

Inside, detailed improvements were made including a smaller leather rimmed sports steering wheel, new seats and slightly revised dash layout, improved heating and ventilation and optional retractable seat belts.

Because the longer wheelbase was used for both models, the roadster was available with automatic transmission for the first time.

Found this, but in a light view, I think it hasn't the purity of the original. But we're talking about extremely beautiful and extremely very beautiful. :)

I think it was in Clarkson's Top 100 Cars that he has the 3 series E-type Jags side by side. Take a look at the final minutes.

1992 BMW E30 M3 Evo Cabrio - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9837&item=4558616744&rd=1

fd_3.JPG

d6_3.JPG

df_3.JPG

Cabrio :thumbsdown:

I was already drooling when I saw the nose, but no...

yeah cabrio M3s are crap.... now a normal E30 M3... thats pure sex

TF

yea - I thought that might put most off, but I really liked the condition etc - thought it was worth a mention. I'm not a cabrio fan either.

god i love the clio... i wish we had them over here in the US

TF

How can you just buy a 65.000dollar car on Ebay?

You haven't driven it, don't know what's actually underneath the car :?

No Visible Rust
No Known Accidents
No Known Bodywork

Uhhh why not check the car underneath then? Small effort.

5th gear did a thing on this. before you bid on the car you go look at it... or you buy a car with a warranty

TF