Best of eBay and Craigslist

j1liG0m.jpg

pure late 80's

-> ad http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4590686383.html

Looks like a knock-off Citroen SM, which is odd because the SM wasn't made until 1970. Maybe Citroen stile the design from them.

5442783826_trade8034_n2288_Its_a_conspiracy_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Looks like a knock-off Citroen SM, which is odd because the SM wasn't made until 1970. Maybe Citroen stile the design from them.

View attachment 13842

You are right it does look a bit like the SM but the first car that came to my mind when i saw the NSU was the Jensen Interceptor (i think i am blind) because of the rear.

Interceptor%20Coupe%201976.jpg

Yeah now i see that both are very different...:|

I haven't watched the video but now I look more closely at the thumbnail you're bang on, I can certainly see the Interceptor shape. With its metallic paint and silver upper body it actually looks much more modern than it is.

I haven't watched the video but now I look more closely at the thumbnail you're bang on, I can certainly see the Interceptor shape. With its metallic paint and silver upper body it actually looks much more modern than it is.

Humm..
The Interceptor III Coup? was introduced in 1975 so i guess both Citroen and Jensen stole the design from a very very unknown West German manufacturer :lol:

The RO-80, by general consensus, was about a decade ahead of it's time in terms of styling. And it was a very nice car as well. Problem is, the rotary engine in the early model years was that unreliable that back in the day, RO-80 owners indicated with their erect fingers how many engine replacements they've had when passing each other. Some got frustrated and fitted the V4 engine from a Transit van (the only engine compact enough to fit).
By the time they had the reliability under control, their finances were drained from literally tens of thousands of engine swaps under warranty and their reputation was in shambles. NSU got sold to Audi, the RO-80 was discontinued and the nameplate vanished.

Humm..
The Interceptor III Coup? was introduced in 1975 so i guess both Citroen and Jensen stole the design from a very very unknown West German manufacturer :lol:

Hmm, I wouldn't call NSU a very very unknown manufacturer, especially when one of the benchmarks for comparison is Jensen. I'm pretty sure I heard of NSU before I heard of Jensen. The whole Wankel thing has made them quite well-remembered, even if the company has been long gone.

Well, you can buy a normal Vanquish and let it get converted by AM ...

Well, it's pricey, but still :mrgreen:

Stunning car, and man I love that color. Looked great on the old 964 Turbo press car, but I've never seen it on an M3 before.

Stunning car, and man I love that color. Looked great on the old 964 Turbo press car, but I've never seen it on an M3 before.

because it isn't an original color. The new owner resprayed the car after an minor mishap/metall bender (which lead to an fully rebuild ... ). Kinda shady if you ask me, that he didn't mention that the car had an crash and that this is not an original color. Oh well with the story and the upgrade parts the car will probably go for 120k ? (the Evo ones go 190k ?).The car would probably go into the 200k ? region if it is 100% original.

Oh yeah one more thing. She aint a virgin race car anymore :p

Atleast she did run with M1 Pro Cars, 3.0 CSL Batwings and e30 M3 Dtm's.

I would choose a ST over this.