Best of eBay and Craigslist

And so bad, nobody bid on it. Wa wa wa

Horrible paintjob... Someone should offer $20k and promptly repaint it the factory color.

Oooh man, if actory Corvette racing driver Jordan Taylor would still have his mullet, that Viper would be his car.

Jordan-Taylor%E2%80%99s-No.-73-C7.R-700x388.jpg

BTW, you should definitely check out his Facebook-page.

Jesus that is awesome Der Stig. If I had disposable income I would probably buy it actually. Looks extremely well put together.

*edit*
Shit, I just saw that it is local! :mrgreen:

I need monies!!!!!!!! $$$$$$ :(

Jesus that is awesome Der Stig. If I had disposable income I would probably buy it actually. Looks extremely well put together.

*edit*
Shit, I just saw that it is local! :mrgreen:

I need monies!!!!!!!! $$$$$$ :(

Well, you could sell your wife's Jeep and then replace it with this one. When she asks, just play dumb and say that it's the same Jeep you've always had. :mrgreen:

Well, you could sell your wife's Jeep and then replace it with this one. When she asks, just play dumb and say that it's the same Jeep you've always had. :mrgreen:

Hah! She's too smart for that...and eh we owe too much $$ on the Jeep so we wouldn't even get any cash out of selling it.

What's worse is I just found out on Friday that it has depreciated extremely quickly this year and is worth almost nothing...so much for high residual value for Jeeps. I blame the Italians since this Jeep is nothing but a Fiat 500X with a Jeep skin on it. (explains the unreliability)

Is the new Renegade, such a bad car?
In europe we dont get the 2.4l engine, but some 2.0 fiats and a 1.6. They suck big time.

It's a step above the Patriot. Hows that?

Is the new Renegade, such a bad car?
In europe we dont get the 2.4l engine, but some 2.0 fiats and a 1.6. They suck big time.

I don't have a problem with the 2.4L specifically, but, only if it is in the Dodge Dart or a similarly small car. I like this engine in a small car, it has great response but in the Renegade it is hugely under powered and underwhelming. Seriously, this engine needs another +30bhp and +30 torque for it to save itself. We drove the 1.6 turbo and it felt also under powered as well. The 2.4L should of had a turbo option and about ~230-250bhp and such.

It's a step above the Patriot. Hows that?

So, it primarily was intended for younger and female buyers I suspect and as a way for them to kill off either the Compass or Patriot at some point. And I think we know which direction that will go...

....so yes, it is quite bad.

Don't get me wrong, there are things I and my wife like about the Renegade. The fact is though the negatives overwhelm the positives. I wish we would of been able to test drive it for 48 hours, or at the least an entire day...because we would of passed on it had we had to live with it for a bit.
Plus who even bothers to look at the size of the fuel tank? Such an after thought and a huge mistake in this case.

Pros:
  • Exterior looks pretty neat.
  • Interior isn't so bad looking either.
  • Seats aren't uncomfortable.
  • Handles surprisingly well around corners for a top-heavy little SUV.
  • Steering is very light so it is extremely easy to park.

Cons:
  • Hugely under powered.
  • Terrible fuel economy, my wife averages 22mpg combined and she drives mostly economical. Does not get the fuel economy numbers stated. She should be getting closer to 25 or 28mpg. I get the same fuel economy in my heavier larger engine'd Charger when I don't drive like a hooligan. Sad I know...
  • Hate the 9spd automatic transmission. It just doesn't know what it is or how it should work. I would of liked an "antiquated" traditional 6spd automatic here.
  • Tiny ass petrol tank, no really the mother fucker is 12.7 US gallons. Seriously FCA?
  • Steering is as numb as you can get. Think 80's American barges.
  • Back seats do not fold down completely and thus leave a "ramp" making the cargo capacity a crock of shit.
  • Our tall Greyhound is not comfortable in it. <-- 50% of the reason why we wanted a small SUV instead of keeping our '12 Ford Fusion. <-- Big mistake, we miss the Fusion.
  • Even though this is basically on a car platform the ride is pretty harsh. Bone chattering sometimes.
  • Passenger front seat has absolutely no leg room for people taller than 5'9" with their right leg. The wheel hump protrudes too far in to the cabin...
  • Visibility out the rear is not really good.
  • The whole driving experience just feels unrefined, which surprises me since it is basically an Italian car who specialize in driving experiences. Or am I making a bad assumption?
  • The infotainment system has a hard time working right when two phones are paired. But, I don't really blame this on the car as I think all infotainment systems are bullshit now. That's my cranky old man opinion seeping through though. ;)

I was just wondering, im looking for a new car in that segment. Thanks for the heads up.