• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

best overall spyware removal program

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
of course norton systemworks sucks at removing this kinda crap so i am using ad-aware v1.05 build.

i heard from andrewhui that "spyware xterminator" is the best program in the market. is that so?

and what are u using and why is it better

Kaspersky AntiVirus, because...., because..., It's Russian program. :D

Theres nothing like _THE_ best tool. They use diffrent search routines, with different pros and cons..use two different programs and you should be fine.

I download many trialversions, they won't remove all spam at once, but what the first program won't remove, the second will do.

Ad-aware.

Always

Adaware SE Personal Edition (FREE)
Spybot S&D (FREE)

Webroot Spy Sweeper (PAY, BUT ITS EXCELLENT)

on the tech help sites I go, always recommend the free ones, usually does the job, any nigglies left over and HijackThis gives us a clear picture.

yep adaware and spybot search and destroy, then Hijackthis for any really gitish stuff

swek said:
^ Proof that Josty doesn't read the threads he posts in :lol:

:cry: I did read it, what's wrong with my post?

Well, you said exactly the same thing I did ;)
[EDIT]Read it again...my post might have been a little misleading[/EDIT]

well... you should just use your common sense and only allow cookies from trusted sites to be saved on your com... thats what I'm doing

Or use Firefox. I stopped doing Ad-Aware scans because the results always came up empty.

swek said:
Well, you said exactly the same thing I did ;)
[EDIT]Read it again...my post might have been a little misleading[/EDIT]

I read yours, I knew it said the pretty much the same, but I don't care :p

Microsoft's is surprisingly good.

TechZ said:
Always

Adaware SE Personal Edition (FREE)
Spybot S&D (FREE)

Webroot Spy Sweeper (PAY, BUT ITS EXCELLENT)

on the tech help sites I go, always recommend the free ones, usually does the job, any nigglies left over and HijackThis gives us a clear picture.

Adaware all the time guys :thumbsup: