Best Police Car

Fredstar said:
Seen one around Cairns a few months ago, why dont they use them anymore? They've replaced them with a VZ SS that has the same paint job but why did they stop using the Monaro?

Probably because the Monaro has ceased production.

Was a busy day on the highway today ;). One on each side and everybody hit the damn brakes.

OPPMedium.jpg

Wow, nice catch. (pun intended)

Did you pull out a camera, or is that your camera phone???

Fujifilm F10 6.3 MP.

I'm driving with my camera in the car because I seem to see weird things lately.

good picture. i don't think i've ever been on the motorway when a police car came past. plenty of times in town though. what kind of wierd things have you seen that make you carry a camera around? abductions, murders, 2 headed ducks?

jensked said:
Scary as hell! Belgian police cars!

smart_licht.gif

I know how to get rid of that... just take a quicker than usual corner... or just don't worry bout it, what is he going to do? Ram you, hahaha :thumbsup:

matt2000 said:
good picture. i don't think i've ever been on the motorway when a police car came past. plenty of times in town though. what kind of wierd things have you seen that make you carry a camera around? abductions, murders, 2 headed ducks?

I have a picture today of a two truck drivers driving over the curbing to avoid traffic. This is very illegal and stupid. They only did this because there was a ton of traffic today for some reason.

The sunsets and sunrises are wonderful this time of the year and I drive during them ;).

jensked said:
Scary as hell! Belgian police cars!

smart_licht.gif

If I saw that, i'd speed up immediatly.. :lol: Maybe i'd wait at the next petrol station for the wee little smart.

@KoshiB bloody hell.. a 400HP Impala? Fucking crazy, it's FWD for god sake..

Monabaker said:
I can't believe no one posted this already

dodge-viper-police-car.jpg
[/img]

Eww...that looks like more of an ameature tack-on-job than your typical honda civic spiler-mod around here. That doesn't look imposing, it looks like it's wearing a hat.

~nj?

I'm sure this one's been posted...
2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-Speed-1280x960.jpg

But this, by far, is the most imposing police car ever...
600_police_car2.jpg

I do think the classic American "black and white" is the best color sceme for a police car.
dodge071.JPG

alt05.jpg

Suprised I haven't seen any new mustang police cars on the streets...
2005police1.jpg

~nj?

A Charger has been roaming my law school. Hot damn. Still prefer the long wheelbase of the Crown Vic, though. I'm wondering. Americans seem to have intimidating black and white police cars while other countries have grey, green, and blue cruisers... a little less scary. Why is that?

Well, it's not that impressive, but here's a spy shot of Barricade in car form from the new Transformers movie.
Transformers-MustangBarricade.jpg

:D
http://img225.imageshack.**/img225/8885/mp20humveemm6.jpg

I wish I had a pic of the Up-Armored ones my father used up at Malmstrom AFB, full rotating enclosed turret with a mount for a support weapon...they are mosters!

Re: Best Police Car

Ventura6 said:
One subject I would like to see on Top Gear is police cars. Which countries have the best and worst police cars? Which looks the scariest in your rear view mirror? Which is the fastest and what corners well? Maybe they would get cars from around the world and run them on the track. What cars are best for arrestees? I know the one I rode in had (during a "ride-along", not an arrest) had plastic back seats with cutouts for your arms which are supposed to be handcuffed behind you.

Personally I have always preferred the classic American police car. The Ford Interceptor.

06.jpg
01.jpg

What police cars do you guys prefer?

Viper007Bond said:
See also:

Previous cop car discussion: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4032
Dodge Charger cop car discussion: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10985

that second crown vic cop car is a phototshop of a Mercury Marauder wallpaper. Best cop car to me if i had to buy one is the crown vic police interceptor.The ones highway cops use dog dish rims blacked out exterior very cool looking car.While the dodge charger cop car looks meaner tho

Check out some police cars from Russia...
All cars have blue numbers.

Minister of Internal Affairs and his deputies ride BMW 7-series and MB S-classe (the change cars but use the same numer plates)
Pic1, Pic2

Other directors of different departments also use blue numbers on expensive cars
Pic3, Pic4, Pic5

The head of the department which controls Road Patrol Service drives Audi A8
29938.jpg

The head of Road Patrol Service drives MB E500 4matic Pic6

Special Battalion is equipped with MB E350 4matic with LED light bulbs which are amazing Pic7, Pic8, Pic9, Pic10, Pic11

59214.jpg

These cars are used for guarding very important people from government.

Usual cars from Road Patrol Service are russian LADAs and Ford Focus. They are for registering crashes and they like to stop random cars for different police regulations offence such as speeding, driving being drunk etc.
Pic12, Pic13, Pic14
Also we have some Crown Victorias Pic15
Of course there a some exceptions for the directors of district RPS's Pic16

37738.jpg

More over any very rich businessman can buy some SUV and register it like police car but in real life this car every will be following his limousine Pic17, Pic18, Pic19, Pic20

60386.jpg

You can find a lot of police and other cars at www.migalki.com