Best Police Car

Hong Kong actually uses these quite a lot.

08ff91p.jpg

:lmao:

the russian "private police" SUVs kick ass. but for regular police cars, i think the australian holden and fords are my favourites.

from my hometown i love the old ford scorpios in full-green. they're about the oldest cars still in duty and they're totally fucked up by now. :lol:

outtanames said:
Man, this is outreagous...the best police car around here is a Subaru B4, beside that most police cars are stupid Skoda Fabias & Mazda 323 (not the new model). :-\

Hmm apparently I forgot to note the police in the city nearby just got Chrysler Crossfire! ;)

Blind_Io said:
Mzrts12 said:

And they wonder why their state is flat ass broke. There has to be cheaper pursuit cars than this, and ones that would be cheaper to fix. What are you going to do with a Porsche once you catch up with the guy? They are too light and fragile to ram or PIT him and if you need a Porsche to catch him then a standard cruiser won't make it up there to do the heavy lifting.

Dumb.

Anyway, that story was just linked from a forum post here which has no other source. Can someone get confirmation on this?

A ragtop as a pursuit vehicle? Rigidity aside, I would think that safety concerns would dictate a hard top. Why not go with the Cayman if you must have Porsche?

It's fake. Came out a few months ago and was proven fake. And these days California ain't flat ass broke. You need to keep up with the news.

Durham Police CBR1000RR Fireblade.

http://img176.imageshack.**/img176/6353/49475dhu1.th.jpg

EDIT: Ta for the th link, lost it when I posted.

unmarked O.P.P on Highway 400 last wknd

109610.jpg

I think Bizness has it right. Although the Spyker is a good looking car, it isn't scary like that unmarked black Crown Victoria is. Police should be scary.

Bizness said:
unmarked O.P.P on Highway 400 last wknd

109610.jpg

I've never seen one of those. I always see the marked ones with or without the light bar.

Yesterday in London, I saw the Interceptor again. Dark Navy blue Ford Taurus with heavily tinted windows. Blends in too well sometimes.

I think an ideal car for police forces in and around Toronto would be a Mercedes E-Class. Reliable, versatile, and nigh on invisible. CBR1000RR? That's quite a potent bike, and it's endorsed by Dr. House!

I like the dark-blue/black Interceptors too, very menacing. Can you believe I've never driven that stretch of highway before?

I got pulled over yesterday by a Crown Victoria in silver with black stripe NC Highway Patrol livery. It definitely loses menace when it's not the normal black and white. And I was so hoping for my first interception to be by a blacked-out Charger. :x Thankfully, I only got a warning, so maybe I can get ticketed by a cop in a Charger.

Unfortunately outfitting a government-funded organization with foreign products is one very fast way to destroy an economy.

Not if you know anything about economics.

These nationalistic notions about "your" money are silly in this century. Ideally the best product is chosen regardless of where it is made- and it is for this reason that Crown Vics are used in NA, because of their cost and ease of police conversion.

Interestingly, all Ford Crown Victorias are manufactured by Ford's plant in St. Thomas, Ontario.