Best Police Car

nsw_phil_Dsc01527.jpg

NSWTim%20(9).JPG

nswcooperBBHWP_Fleet%20008.jpg

nswcooperbb213_best.jpg

nswbordoHwp1.jpg

Some of the various cars used by the New South Wales police force.

from http://www.inthejob.com/

In terms of special cars, the victorian police have got one of these at the momment

c300a.jpg

(a lot of these ended up as undercover's I think)

AFP_Kym_WRX_004_02.jpg
[/url]

An American oldie
tn_med_100_2527.jpg

tn_med_100_2528.jpg

A State Police drug seizure vehicle-
tn_med_100_2545.jpg

tn_med_100_2546.jpg

tn_med_100_2547.jpg

oddly, it doesn't have government plates... maybe it's privately owned now or something.

I was stopped by a 400bhp BMW 5 seires police car (doing 90 in a 50, silly me)

They have a few of them and a similarly powered E class that they get tuned at the same company that tunes some of the high power imports around here, they've built all the 800bhp supras and skylines and the like.

Nice to see my tax money is being well spent.

nramsey said:

Was waiting for someone to post that one up. Heck I probably would have if no one did.

I know the guy, and he is a CHP here in California, but that's just his trackday setup. The CHP won;t let him patrol wearing those leathers, which is a damn shame.

The guy is seriously cool though, and FAST!

Dalamari said:
One of my friends said that they were going to use the new Dodge Charger as a cop car (in the US that is) any truth to this?
They already have, try reading the rest of the thread.

I've seen one today but couldn't snap a picture.

I DO LIKE THE 300C

I've seen at least 10 cop cars today. What a day.

Toronto Police
TorontoPoliceMedium.jpg

2 OPP vehicles. You can just tell that there is a rig on its side in the ditch ;).
OppCarsMedium.jpg

Man, this is outreagous...the best police car around here is a Subaru B4, beside that most police cars are stupid Skoda Fabias & Mazda 323 (not the new model). :-\

NecroJoe said:
I'm sure this one's been posted...
2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-Speed-1280x960.jpg

Why is everybody posting my Wallpaper? :p

Anyway:

hybridNT.jpg

:p

smart_cop.jpg

Size doesn't matter. ;)

913496.jpg

:)

PolizeiOmegaGross.jpg

:wub: Doesn't look that intimidating, but the undercover version does. You don't want to see that in your rear mirror. :)

Mzrts12 said:

And they wonder why their state is flat ass broke. There has to be cheaper pursuit cars than this, and ones that would be cheaper to fix. What are you going to do with a Porsche once you catch up with the guy? They are too light and fragile to ram or PIT him and if you need a Porsche to catch him then a standard cruiser won't make it up there to do the heavy lifting.

Dumb.

Anyway, that story was just linked from a forum post here which has no other source. Can someone get confirmation on this?

A ragtop as a pursuit vehicle? Rigidity aside, I would think that safety concerns would dictate a hard top. Why not go with the Cayman if you must have Porsche?

Blind_Io said:
Mzrts12 said:

And they wonder why their state is flat ass broke. There has to be cheaper pursuit cars than this, and ones that would be cheaper to fix. What are you going to do with a Porsche once you catch up with the guy? They are too light and fragile to ram or PIT him and if you need a Porsche to catch him then a standard cruiser won't make it up there to do the heavy lifting.

Dumb.

Anyway, that story was just linked from a forum post here which has no other source. Can someone get confirmation on this?

A ragtop as a pursuit vehicle? Rigidity aside, I would think that safety concerns would dictate a hard top. Why not go with the Cayman if you must have Porsche?

I can see Lt. J Dangle looking fabulous in one. :lol: