Best sounding car

apack

Car(s)
Fiat Bravo 1.6 GT
Many many cars have been build through the years, some good, some bad. But i wonder what cars produce the best sound?

Make your own top 5 list (or even more if you like), you could even ad some video- or audiolinks.

Here is my Top 5:

Mazda 787B: Click for video

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder: Click for video

BMW M3 CSL: Click for video

Aston Martin Vantage V8: Click for video

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34: Click for video

Almost forgot this one, the Audi Quattro: Clicky!

Last edited:
ferrari f430, ferrari 550, lambo gallardo (and by extension Audi S6 and S8 ), M3 CSL, honda k22 vtec (s2k).

I would go for the Aston Martin, but really, that video is terrible. I can't find it on GooTube, but the Top Gear where they took it to the Isle of Mann is much better for showing off the sound.

The F430 yes, that sounds fantastic.. More loud than other Ferraris i think. The VTEC systems also sounds really good :)

Blind_Io, yea i know, but i can't find the clip were James May tests that greenish Vantage...

Neither can I, I checked YouTube and Google Videos for it. Good thing we all have seen it.

I would also put the Ford 427 engine on the list, especially in the Cobra. [YOUTUBE]xRAOkyYbkJ0[/YOUTUBE]

TVR Speed Twelve... Video...
BRM V16T... Soundclip...
(Turn up your loudspeakers/headsets for those two...) :drool:

Of course cars like the Aston Martin V8 Vantage/Vanquish S, Porsche 997 GT3 RS/Carrera GT/962, Ultima GTR, Ford RS500 Cosworth, Corvette Z06, Pagani Zonda F and many more sounds awesome as well but not quite like the Speed Twelve or BRM V16.

That Ford 427 sounded really chunky! god thats nice...

Mautzel, i did a search and found nothing.. But it could be named something wierd.. so, not sure..

Im too lazy to dig for sound bytes, but to me the sound of V8 sprint cars and Top Fuel cars are pure sex. That TVR sounds amazing too.

oh damn, didn't spot that thread :(

I've once stood right next to a Carrera GT at a petrolstation (refueling my scooter!).. And oh my living god that thing sounds fantastic. But i think the videofiles sort of make the sound to a "noice"... Like when jeremy drove the 350Z.. same sort of thing.

B. Engineering Edonis sounds quite absurd:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmDK6a3Jcs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
That Cobra was a 289. Here is a real 427!
[YOUTUBE]n7FROOiIN8g[/YOUTUBE]

Neither can I, I checked YouTube and Google Videos for it. Good thing we all have seen it.

I would also put the Ford 427 engine on the list, especially in the Cobra. [YOUTUBE]xRAOkyYbkJ0[/YOUTUBE]

Psst... that's not a 427, that's 289. :mrgreen:

Here's a 427 badly in need of a tuning, but you get the idea:

[youtube]_ycmjh8VCoQ[/youtube]

And my other favorite, the 426 Hemi. I can't find a decent-sounding vid of a regular Street Hemi, so here's a dyno run of a modified one:
[youtube]6KMo6VMST2E[/youtube]

Last edited:
1/ BMW E30 325i: very loud for a "normal" car

between idle and 2000rpm, it sounds like a WW2 aircraft; if you add resonance to this (tight streets, tunnels) the sound from its huge silencer is even more enthralling:

low rpm

At higher revs it's a more typical BMW I-6 sound, quite husky at the redline:

drift on track

2/ Porsche Carrera GT: sounds like it's fueled by lava from hell

CGT

3/ Aston Martin V8 Vantage: sounds like a machine gun

TopGear

4/ McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR:

SLR

5/ BMW X5 Le Mans V12:

X5

supercharged 302ci.. (that'd be a mustang 5L)

best sound ever..

well.. next to a 4000hp hemi dragster passing half track.. that is the best engine sound ever.. you FEEEL it as it goes by..

well.. next to a 4000hp hemi dragster passing half track.. that is the best engine sound ever.. you FEEEL it as it goes by..

Top Fuel dragster engines are just glorious! I think they're making more than 4000 these days, though. Modern Top Fuelers make between 7000-8000HP.