Best "under the radar" vehicle?

You are using a dragstrip video to demonstrate handling??!?!??!!?

In that case, a Top Fuel dragster must be the best handling car in the world.

In that case, I meant to demonstrate the minivan's speed, but here's a demonstration of handling (granted its the Japanese Odyssey with a 2.4L vtec) as you asked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU4paH8qcQ8

Last edited:
The Japanese Odyssey is a completely different car to the US one.

And yeah, we get the Japanese one in Australia and it's not a bad handling thing for what it is. Not exactly sport sedan territory though.

Last edited:
Octavia RS? I think if the styling was a bit more subtle, the definitely the RS6 Avant.

The Japanese Odyssey is a completely different car to the US one.

And yeah, we get the Japanese one in Australia and it's not a bad handling thing for what it is. Not exactly sport sedan territory though.
Heavy car. And I bet the weight isn't all that low down either.

Get a Fiesta ST. Do it! I love mine. 35mpg on regular, plenty quick, and not uncomfortable after the suspension is broken in.

Downsides after 6000 miles: The stock tires wear quickly and aren't that sticky. Uh...the touch screen is tricky to use on bumpy roads. Uh...It's an excellent autocrosser, but not as fast as the Focus ST. Uh...My wife keeps stealing mine.

The Mazda 2 is a great option too. They handle pretty well stock, autocross acceptably. Just slow, cheaper than the Fiesta too.

Ultimate under the radar car: Buick LaCrosse Super. v8, 300hp, bilstein suspension and nobody will ever notice it. Unfortunately automatic only.

Don't hold stock tires against a vehicle. Almost all stock tires are super soft, quiet, and half-tread-depth. They are just there to make the ride nice and quiet enough to sell the car with minimal added cost.

Don't hold stock tires against a vehicle. Almost all stock tires are super soft, quiet, and half-tread-depth. They are just there to make the ride nice and quiet enough to sell the car with minimal added cost.

Yeah, and traction be damned.

I'm just trying to give realistic downsides to the purchase. Mediocre stock tires is about the only thing I can come up with. They're not even that bad, I've held my own against FiSTs on ZIIs, but that's the limit of my discontent with my ST. It's an awesome car.

That and I wish I had bought the recaros. I know they're expensive (10% of the purchase price), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get the recaros. And white.

Is the seat height in the Fiesta ST the same as the regular Fiesta?