Best wheel???

Depends how much money you want to spend. If you want to fork out a few hundred bucks, than you can make yourself a pretty nice system. :)

If your budget is limited, and you are looking at a price range of momo/dfp, then nope, there isn't any clutch or H pattern shifter for that amount.

zeoniks said:
Are there any steering wheels that come with a clutch pedal and a H-Pattern gearshift?

Not that I know of, at least not for under 250$.

btw.. just want to comfirm... is the Logitech Driving Force Pro suitable for PC?... cuz it just seems to be compatible for PS2 :(

andyhui01 said:
btw.. just want to comfirm... is the Logitech Driving Force Pro suitable for PC?... cuz it just seems to be compatible for PS2 :(
Yes it is. The newest Logitech drivers support it completely.

geeman said:
andyhui01 said:
Yes it is. The newest Logitech drivers support it completely.

I can say the same thing. I have one and haven't had a single problem. (besides the ones caused by the noob on the wheel)

^^ Hehe... I don't need any drivers for it to work properly... Do you?

I had a prob with it after 50 hours of GT4: It acted like it has the pedal bug form time to time... Logitech sent me new pedals for free within the week, and I was allowed to keep the old ones... Turns out, they work fine now... :)

I had my DPF pedals go out after about 2 weeks. But I took it back to the store and got a whole new unit in exchange, so all is good. The replacement has been going strong for almost 9 months now, so no complaints.

After I move in a few months there are plans to weld up a full driving center complete with one of the many car seats I've got laying about the place. I'll post pics once construction is underway.

Buba said:
^^ Hehe... I don't need any drivers for it to work properly... Do you?

I had a prob with it after 50 hours of GT4: It acted like it has the pedal bug form time to time... Logitech sent me new pedals for free within the week, and I was allowed to keep the old ones... Turns out, they work fine now... :)

I haven't changed drivers in a while. No problems in that area.

if you havent tried act labs wheels, with force, you haven?t experienced the best affordable wheel ;)

my dfp broke :( i went to bed and when i woke up the next morning my brother told me that the wheel stopped working... it just turns left and right and then makes a sound. then turns left and right again like its trying to calibrate.

i guess that means no lfs for me. :cry:

So, I've been thinking of getting me one of them wheels :mrgreen:

But I don't know what one to get, and there aren't many to get here, but I have been looking at these: first one and second one
(yes I know it's in danish but just look at the name and pics)
I can't really see the difference between them except the first one has more buttons and it would apear to be cheaper, but with shipping it'll be more expensive than the second one, because I can get that one with a 8% discount where I work. But still the price isn't that different and it doesn't make a big difference.
So the question is are they any good?

I have also been looking at some used ones but there are hardly any and the ones I can find are so old they haven't got usb and need a com-port :roll:

If you feel like it here is a list of the wheels available in this little country (still in danish) just ignore the ones that says more than 500kr in the right column.

So help please :D

www.idealo.de -> Get a Logitech Driving Force Pro (aka DFP)
As cheap as 75euros + 10/15 euros for shipping.

Btw, 2nd one is the wheel I have, do NOT get that one. :)
I've had it for little less than a year now, and the only way it works now is that I have to take it a part, clean old grease, put new tape, tighten, put together and race. Of course tape only last for about a week, so it's a weekly procedure to spend 1-2hours cleaning grease/tape mixture from your wheel. Pedals last only 1/2 a year, same thing, tape, cleaning potentio metres etc on a regular basis.

Though this is pretty much standard procedure on all commerical wheels, the DFP, at least the wheel part, has metal bearings and is supposed to be reliable. + You get 900degrees -> good for drifting :mrgreen:

edit: this is also a good though a bit more pricey alternative

Thrustmaster Rallye GT Pro. Around 100euros + shipping.
Advantages: 2 analog shifters that can be set to clutch + handbrake (dont worry, there's also a seperate MOMO like shifter)
Also, the thing is really well built, main parts are metal nono of that cheap plastic crap.
Disadvantages: FF issues are in development, slows down CPU, less FPS. New drivers cure this thing, and all works fine, but I'm not sure they give out drivers to optimize performance in LFS yet.

Dunno... Does it have USB? I guess it does... Give it a try!

It does have a USB, but wouldnt I need to install some software?

Will try soon, too embarresed to get out my wheel infront of builders at the moment :oops:

OK ive found some answers.

General

Power Supply

Force feedback products require the power supply to be connected in order to generate force feedback effects. It is possible to be able to steer and use buttons without the power plugged in, but force feedback will not work. Check the plug first if force feedback is not working.

USB Ports and Hubs

In general it is best to have the product connected to the USB port before starting the game. Unlike the standard controller ports there is no "number" assigned to the USB ports on PlayStation? 2. However, some game implementations are such that the product must be connected to a specific USB port. For example, a game might require player 1 to use the top USB port and player 2 to use the bottom USB port. This will be noted in the "Game Specific Information" section of the FAQ.

All the Logitech? products will work with USB hubs, however not all games include support for USB hubs. This will be noted in the "Game Specific Information" section of the FAQ.

Pedals

The pedal sets for the Logitech? GT Force? and Logitech? Driving Force? products are inter-changeable, but not inter-operable i.e. you should not use the Logitech? Driving Force? pedals with a Logitech? GT Force? wheel, and vice versa. If you mismatch the pedals and the wheel, then the axis behavior will be incorrect and be very confusing when trying to test or evaluate the performance of the controller in a game.

The simplest way to tell the correct pedals is by looking at the label underneath the pedals. It will be as follows:

*If this label is blue the pedals are from Logitech? Driving Force?

*If this label is white the pedals are from Logitech? GT Force?

Using Logitech? GT Force? / Logitech? Driving Force? on a PC

The PlayStation? 2 USB products are not sold or supported for use on a PC. However, in general the PlayStation? 2 USB product will work on a PC. For Logitech? GT Force? and Logitech? Driving Force? products you must download and install the latest Logitech Gaming Software from the Logitech web-site.

Using Logitech? PC Force Feedback Wheels on the PlayStation?2

The PC Force Feedback products are not sold or supported for use on a PlayStation? 2. However, some of these products will have limited functionality on PlayStation? 2. For example:

* Logitech? MOMO? Force and Logitech? Formula? Force GP will work with many of the same games as the Logitech? GT Force? wheel.

* Logitech? MOMO? Racing will work in some newer racing games, but will not work in old games such as Gran Turismo 3.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I need some help.
I play mostly racing games on my PC and PS2, so I tought it was time for a wheel. After reading all your comments I decided to buy a DFP but here in Brazil they are hard to get and cost up to USD$300. Since I am going to China in October, I tought about buying one there. So, anyone that lives in China could tell me if it is hard to find those wheels and how much do they cost? I will have free days in Shanghai and Hong Kong to look for it.
Thanks in advance! :)

Redliner said:
I play mostly racing games on my PC and PS2, so I tought it was time for a wheel. After reading all your comments I decided to buy a DFP but here in Brazil they are hard to get and cost up to USD$300. Since I am going to China in October, I tought about buying one there. So, anyone that lives in China could tell me if it is hard to find those wheels and how much do they cost? I will have free days in Shanghai and Hong Kong to look for it.

$300 USD? Good Lord! Maybe by some way I or one of the American members here could help you on that...I will think it over.

jayhawk said:
Redliner said:

$300 USD? Good Lord! Maybe by some way I or one of the American members here could help you on that...I will think it over.
Yep. $320USD converting to today's exhange rate. If I end up not buying it in China, my "Plan B" would be asking a friend who recently moved to Denmark to buy one there and send it to me. But then again, I don't know how prices are there...Oh, and thanks! :)