Ownership Verified: Bethany: altoid's 2006 SV650S(F)

:thumbsup: You better ride the piss out of her to make up for lost time!

The trickle charger on my bike has yet to be used :D

She sings!

I'll still be replacing the battery soon, since this one took several days to charge and will probably fail sooner than later. However, while I wait for the new battery and my insurance to kick in, the alarm will function, which makes me feel ever so slightly better.

I literally haven't had time to take the bike to a shop (much less do the maintenance myself), so I still haven't ridden her.

Fingers crossed for this coming weekend...

Today I finally received my title. She's officially mine now.

Better get her sorted out and back on the road, stat...

Today I finally received my title. She's officially mine now.

Better get her sorted out and back on the road, stat...

I suggest starting by re-lubing your cables.

Edit: Using this device and a can of the DuPont chain and cable lube from Lowes.

410UFlXYqCL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
Why don?t you guys don?t get a real motorcycle like a Harley and stop worrying about chains?

:p

Ordered some basic cleaning supplies and a new battery. The former should arrive tomorrow, and the latter next week.

I just realized getting a tire pump as well probably wouldn't be a bad idea...

After well over a year of owning and not riding the bike, time has to come to part ways with her.

I'm simply not riding at all. I'm tired of the anxiety I deal with every time I plan on riding, and the pain and discomfort I feel during/after the ride. I'm tired of seeing riders in traffic and thinking "I have a bike?I should ride it". It's an SV?it's not worth keeping for the sake of keeping, and I could put the money to good use.

When/if I get back on two (motorized) wheels, it'll be on something smaller, lighter, less powerful, less shiny, and cheaper. Bigger can wait.

What about getting something more comfortable?
I am not familiar with the SV ergonomy, but something more like a cruiser?

After well over a year of owning and not riding the bike, time has to come to part ways with her.

I'm simply not riding at all. I'm tired of the anxiety I deal with every time I plan on riding, and the pain and discomfort I feel during/after the ride. I'm tired of seeing riders in traffic and thinking "I have a bike?I should ride it". It's an SV?it's not worth keeping for the sake of keeping, and I could put the money to good use.

When/if I get back on two (motorized) wheels, it'll be on something smaller, lighter, less powerful, less shiny, and cheaper. Bigger can wait.

What kind of pain and discomfort are you getting when you ride?

- - - Updated - - -

SV's supposed to be mostly like a standard in terms of ergos, but the F may or may not be.

At this point I don't want to deal with swapping one motorcycle for another, as that's not the only reason. As I said, when/if I come back to the motorcycle idea, I'll definitely choose something far more relaxed. For example, the Triumph Bonneville's riding position appeals to me. Relevant Cycle-Ergo images:

ergos_bonneville.png
ergos_sv650s.png

What kind of pain and discomfort are you getting when you ride?

Hands hurt from too much pressure, and my back and neck feel a bit iffy afterwards. I imagine I can correct probably at least some of that in the long run.

SV's supposed to be mostly like a standard in terms of ergos, but the F may or may not be.

Naked SVs are significantly more upright:

ergos_sv650.png

Yeah, I understand that. You're well into sportbike ergo territory with that one.

Which is why this is my daily.
04wi0364IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

Don't let the SV-S turn you off of bikes, though.

Last edited:
My Triumph gave me sore arms, shoulders, and legs after being on it for about an hour or two. Some 1.5" handlebar risers made a huge difference! No more pain even after riding all day. So don't get discouraged since it doesn't take much to make a bike more comfortable.

I'm not discouraged long-term. :)

It's just that if I'm already selling the bike, at this point I have some good uses for the money. In a few years I'll be in a position to play again, and will then revisit this idea in a more thought-out manner. (Or sooner, if the stars align.)

Hope you can come back to the motorcycle world again soon!

The current plan is to revisit motorcycling late next year, except then I'll retake the MSF and get something a little milder (and more disposable), like a Ninja 250/500 or GS500E.