Ownership Verified: Bethany: altoid's 2006 SV650S(F)

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
‘14 Mazderp3, ‘22 Checkpoint SL 5
Well, I got me a motorbike.

She's a 2006 SV650S with the lower fairing (thus the "(F)" part). 11,445 miles (100 of those are the delivery ride), a few mods (listed below), and that oh-so-gorgeous 2006 blue! :D I wasn't a huge fan of this color when I saw it on pictures, but it looks truly amazing in person. The paint is in great condition, so the (tentative) white repaint will wait a while.

Mods:

• full Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust
  • Power Commander (smoother power delivery and idle, along with a few extra hp)
  • GSX-R mirrors with integrated signals
  • fender eliminator
  • frame sliders
  • double bubble windscreen
  • Nelson Rigg tailbags (not pictured)
  • magnetic tank bag (not pictured)
  • shorty levers
  • tank grip
  • integrated battery tender wiring
  • UCSB parking sticker, will be removed

Edit: Some of the mods I tentatively plan on doing, all in somewhat distant future:

• paint the plastics white some day: only maybe, since the paint is really gorgeous and in great condition
  • suspension: both front and rear, after enough riding to have some ideas on how much improving it really needs, if any
  • HIDs: maybe, still not sure
  • seats: Corbin, Sargeant, or something else, for both the rider and passenger

The first first shots:

The reparked shot:

And in spite of my desire to continue boycotting this rule:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Get tank sliders. :D

Looks pretty good. I see someone's already gone and swapped out the mirrors - but those aren't off a Gixxer.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. I see someone's already gone and swapped out the mirrors - but those aren't off a Gixxer.

Yeah, that's the list of what's already been done (I assumed GSX-R, but they look Ducati-ish, maybe Monster?). I suppose I should put up what I plan on doing as well...

Yeah, that's the list of what's already been done (I assumed GSX-R, but they look Ducati-ish, maybe Monster?). I suppose I should put up what I plan on doing as well...

They're not off a Ducati, either. They're aftermarkets. I have the 10mm screw mount versions on both my bikes and Der Stig has them on his GS.

If they flop back too easily in the wind, the tension on the hinge is (fortunately) adjustable.

I would have been my old LP self and said something crass and immature and full of innuendo, but what I am going to say is:

Congratulations my friend, hope you enjoy the fuck out of it.

duuude, it's blue.. keep it blue! :p
nice bike, nearly got myself one of those 5 years ago...

Nice bike. Remember, the gorgeous blue is not supposed to meet the ground. ;) Enjoy the ride!

1eS6ELZ.gif

Welcome to the Suzuki-family!!

Nice!

I'd avoid the Corbin seats as I've heard not alot of good things about them. IIRC Spectre was quite dissatisfied with the one on his 919. The Russell Day-long is the best seat in terms of comfort, but it would look out of place on such a sporty bike. I say go with the Sargent.

Leave it blue! <3

Nice!

I'd avoid the Corbin seats as I've heard not alot of good things about them. IIRC Spectre was quite dissatisfied with the one on his 919. The Russell Day-long is the best seat in terms of comfort, but it would look out of place on such a sporty bike. I say go with the Sargent.

Actually, the Corbin eventually broke in to the point where it's fine. I intend to have a little reshaping done when the time comes later this year to have it recovered, though.

Still better than the stock upholstered plank. :p

Well, tonight I got to do some unplanned maintenance:

The seller said the battery was damn near brand new, so imagine my surprise when the bike wouldn't start upon my trying to demonstrate the glorious noise to my roommate. A quick phone call clarified that he forgot to tell me he only charged the battery a little, since he wasn't riding often at all. Good thing I also got a battery tender/charger.

Should be all good tomorrow for some more riding, hopefully. :)