BF2142 is awesome

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Semi-closed beta, public beta in a few weeks I believe. Here's some screens I took earlier today. :)

[removed -- don't wanna violate the NDA]

I reckon he simply took them... dxsnap or fraps, I guess...

Looks nice... I'm really not ino that BF thing... Never really liked it. And hearing the difficulties lots of people have with BF2... :-(

it will be buggy........ea always releases betas to the shop.......looks nice, but will be buggy, listen to my words.

thanks for the pics viper :thumbsup:
but i still don't think this game will be as good as BF2. all these stupid sci-fi weapons sound ridiculus, and this "titan" mode sounds like crap. just give me a BF with some modern real-world weapons, maps like "strike at karkand" and no stupid bugs like cartillary!

EA sucks. Their last good game was NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Has anyone played Fight Night Round 3 on Xbox 360? It sucks. What about NFS: Most Wanted? Slow as shit on the 360. BF2? Don't even get me started.

EA is dead to me.

cvg said:
EA sucks. Their last good game was NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Has anyone played Fight Night Round 3 on Xbox 360? It sucks. What about NFS: Most Wanted? Slow as shit on the 360. BF2? Don't even get me started.

EA is dead to me.

let me guess, you dont like Microsoft too? Sadly, EA = MS in the game world, there is little/no getting away from them.

I have no problems with Microsoft, just EA. Their quality has gone down the tubes when they started pushing game releases out the door too quickly.

just look at the sims expansions to get an idea of how EA has turned their focus from making good games to making games that sell :thumbsdown:

osabros said:
just look at the sims expansions to get an idea of how EA has turned their focus from making good games to making games that sell :thumbsdown:

EA has always been about making games that sell. Recently they have forced that mentality on their development houses, which in turn have to turn out crappy game after crappy game because people buy them. Distribution companies have development houses by the balls (and in EA's case, they are either owners or majority shareholders of most of the development companies), because there's no other ways to get your games out to market.

i've just had a thought: what will be the system requirements for the new BF? i built my current PC to cope with BF2, i hope i won't have to get new hardware for the new one :unsure:

cvg said:

EA is dead to me.

Yes, Fight Night Round 3 is lame, but BF2 still rocks 8) It's still the best FPS.

As far as 2142 goes: I'm not really in to the futristic stuff, but if anyone wants a sneak peek, there's been a torrent out for awhile.

From what I understand though, its multiplayer only, no single player, so the torrent wont do you any good?

I haven't tried it myself, but looks like a lot of people have.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
But.....i love fight night 3!

Why don't you guys like it?

The tutorials suck. It doesn't tell you how to punch. I ended up button-mashing and won a few fights. Plus the announcer said "haymaker" about 45,394 times per round (which became really annoying).

osabros said:
i've just had a thought: what will be the system requirements for the new BF? i built my current PC to cope with BF2, i hope i won't have to get new hardware for the new one :unsure:
Think BF1942 vs. BFV. Same exact situation, i.e. same engine, but spruced up and requires a little bit better PC.