Bhutto Assassinated

Aw, shit. I do believe that splattering sound you just heard is shit hitting the fan.

Ouch - well this is just going to make things more messy!

Yep... i don't care to be honest. It's just normal business in these countries to "remove" people whose nose u don't like.
As soon as the fires started by the riots are put out nobody will think about it anymore.

Sounds pretty cruel... but it's true...

It's her own fault for being Female in a Muslim country..

This is rather strange...my Hindi TA is pakistani and she teaches a sociology course called Pakistan: Failed State? Soon after the state of emergency was called, she gave a series of talks on how Pakistan was doomed. We spent an entire review period talking about the politics of the nation instead of reviewing for our final. She predicted that Benazir wouldn't make it through the month of december, entirely seriously. She said if benazir dies then pakistan is a failed state period.

I am inclined to agree with her. Bhutto was one of the few politicians who took a moderate stance and volunteered to help the US, yet were still popular with the people. It's a no win situation for everyone. Either Musharraf stays in power and the shit continues to hit the fan or an extremist gets to power and starts world war 3. We all saw what happened last time sharif was in office. He nearly started a nuke war with India. It's tough to say for sure at this point, but the future of pakistan looks bleak to say the least.

It's her own fault for being Female in a Muslim country..

That's kind of a ridiculous thing to say, considering that she was elected into the highest office there (twice). But so have Bangladesh (twice), Indonesia, and Turkey. Has Denmark had a female head of state?

Last edited:
He's being sarcastic, give him a break.

Close, but luckily we steered clear. (not that i mind a female head of state.. It just has to be a good one)

Oh you sexist pig! It's people like you that keep the beautiful women in the kitchen and Intelligent Design out of our public schools!! Curse you!!

:blowup:

Ouch.

I would go on about my country at this point, but then again there was Brighton in 1984

A lot about this in the papers today, her life was in danger anyway so this cant be too surprising.

Too bad, but I myself won't be one to lionize her; she may have had good ideas for the country, but like her father, was mired in corruption.

And also, she died from a skull fracture, probably when she was evading the assassin.