Bibimbap

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Never knew what bibimbap was until years ago a supermarket used to sell a meal kit.

Korean bibimbap is usually consists of rice mixed with vegetables, meat, an egg, and chili pepper paste

Cooking veg on a sheet pan in oven or an air fryer can help speed things up.

Can't get the miso that was in original kit, so just I use brown miso.

The addictive bibimbap sauce, gochujang paste mixed with vegetable oil, cold water, white wine vinegar, sugar and sesame seeds, would be great on any stir fry.

Instructions for two:

2 x 15ml vegetable oil
15ml white wine vinegar
15g sugar
l0g sesame seeds
150g rice (long grain)
200g beef mince
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
200g spinach
100g mushrooms
60g beansprouts
2 eggs.

20g Red miso paste
20g Soya and red miso paste
25g gochujang paste

To make bibimbap sauce, mix gochujang paste with 15ml each of vegetable oil, cold water, white wine vinegar, sugar and sesame seeds.

To make rice, pour 450ml of boiling water into a pan, add red miso paste and rice. Stir gently and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, then drain. (Cooking time and water volume depends on your rice. Brown rice can take 25mins)

Stir fry the beef mince on high heat (with 15ml vegetable oil) for 3—5 minutes until cooked with soya and red miso paste. Set aside and keep warm. 4. In the same pan stir fry the carrots, spinach, mushrooms and beansprouts for 2—3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.

In the same pan fry two eggs until cooked.

Serve the rice on one side, the vegetables on the other, the mince down the middle, the eggs on top, then drizzle the bibimbap sauce over everything.

Last edited:
Proper Korean bibimap has bit more to it:

Bibimbap recipes:

Last edited:
For me, 1/2 the appeal of bibimbap I've had was the crunchy rice that was touching the bowl/pan when it cooked. I've only had it that way twice, and I yearn for it every time I see it on a menu somewhere where I know it's not made that way. :lmao:

For me, 1/2 the appeal of bibimbap I've had was the crunchy rice that was touching the bowl/pan when it cooked. I've only had it that way twice, and I yearn for it every time I see it on a menu somewhere where I know it's not made that way. :lmao:

Never had the real thing, none of the local Asian restaurants do it. Was getting a take away and was talking to the person at the counter about it and she loved it but they don't do it.