Bicycles!

Maybe the yellow bike was completely custom? Where can you get yellow wheels like that? And how does one tape their drop bars that nicely?

I think they're just yellow sidewalls on black wheels like Michelin's prorace line (maybe a bit overkill for a hipster fixxie, but they're out there)

michelin-pro-race-3.jpg

The 'cross levers at the top help keep things clean. If only the resolution were higher... As for custom, I do suspect it's a conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

So far so good, we've been having ~20 degrees for the past few days and it hasn't started being uncomfortable yet :)

It does look a little bit different from the typical hockey stick grip tape. the reason cork bartape doesn't ooze is that there's minimal adhesive on them, a strip in the center, if any, It largely relies on the plug and tape wrap at the ends to hold it in place. Tennis grip tape is similar, I think. But, if it's working in your scenario, that's the best evidence you need.

Got bitten by a dog wednesday while biking out doing some offroading through some farm roads. Partly my fault for going into paths I didn't know, but damn.

It does look a little bit different from the typical hockey stick grip tape. the reason cork bartape doesn't ooze is that there's minimal adhesive on them, a strip in the center, if any, It largely relies on the plug and tape wrap at the ends to hold it in place. Tennis grip tape is similar, I think. But, if it's working in your scenario, that's the best evidence you need.

This one is kinda like bandages, with a full length strip of glue under it, I guess we'll see how it holds up :)

My BMX, which wasn't bought to do any tricks on. I did a 7 mile ride on it on Wednesday. Yesterday I did 6 miles and crossed the bridge and back. I got passed by lycra clad bicyclists. me with my one speed did ok. All I've done to the bike is heighten the seat 5 inches, removed the cunt pegs and the disc brake which didnt have a cable connected, using normal front brake.

Anyone else use Strava? It can make a quick 1 hour ride into absolute torture trying to beat PBs.

Strava gives you pretty much the same stuff (as you'd expect).

All ready to go on an after work ride, providing it won't storm.

alright, i just sunk ~150eur into my 10 year old 800?-bike :mad:
had a major cracking noise somewhere near the pedals / crank... had them go for the inner bearing first, because i've already gone through two of those (don't ask me why). noises vanishes for two days, then were back, way worse. ok ok, so i get new pedals, i hated the damn cheap pieces of junk anyway... nope, doesn't help either! so i bring it back to the shop, ask what they think might be wrong... they tell me nothing really, but they'll try swapping cranks and if that doesn't help go for another new inner bearing. beyond that: frame's ruined.
luckily, a new set of cranks finally fixed all the creaking and snapping noises (and worse: feeling those in my feet), but somehow refuses to play nice with my front derailleur... oh well, after seeing the guys at the shop rage for a few minutes i tell them fuck it, just leave out the smallest set of gears, which i don't use anyway.

tl;dr: front half of the drivetrain renewed to get rid of noises - i'm prepared for summer :)

I have the same clicking noise in my crank too...I am just ignoring it cause it's a cheap bicycle and I really don't want to put any money into it.

I am sometime in the near future to inherit a Trek mountain bike from the early 1990's. I am thinking of using the frame as a base cause I am pretty certain Trek's from 20 years ago were made to a pretty high standard. I am going to toss the tires and use ones made for paved trails and get a seat made for that too.

I am pretty certain Trek's from 20 years ago were made to a pretty high standard.

You'd be correct. Good Reynolds Chro-moly tubing. It should have a sticker on the seat tube as well to tell you about it.

There's a click clackety sound coming from my rear wheel when I coast... it's not there when I pedal. My bike was in storage for a while. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
From what I've searched, it could be a gunky cassette or freewheel?

I have the same clicking noise in my crank too...I am just ignoring it cause it's a cheap bicycle and I really don't want to put any money into it.

mine was hard to ignore, i managed for a whole week :p it was so bad i was actually feeling movement in my feet with every crack... that had to go! (call me OCD, but i get annoyed by little things)

There's a click clackety sound coming from my rear wheel when I coast... it's not there when I pedal. My bike was in storage for a while. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
From what I've searched, it could be a gunky cassette or freewheel?

since it's not there when you pedal, my first guess would be freewheel as well. don't know if there's anything you can do about that, though. i've never messed with my wheels other than replace millions of broken spokes. you could of course just try and clean the whole deal, put some oil on it maybe, simply because it's been in storage.

Is it a grinding noise with the clicking?

Presuming that you're hearing more than normal freewheel operation itself, it could just be filled with solidified crud. you could try flushing it with mineral spirits, wd40, or some solvent. but that might be a poor cure since you're flushing out the grease along with any dirt. It might be easier to replace the freewheel/wheel since removal and rebuilding the freewheel is a bit of a hassle due to the fact that the bearings likely aren't caged.

I just sold my bicycle :(

I also got that piece of kit for my birthday:

GetDynamicImage.aspx

It's a small apparatus that's attached to the back and that measures the wheel speed as well as the pedals RPMs and sends it to the phone via bluetooth.

setting out for a ~100km tour now. it's nice and sunny out (maybe a little warm, but hey), wish me luck :) (yes i have loads of water and sunscreen and whatever the hell one could need, thanks for asking)