Bicycles!

Suddenly summer is back with 20C and sunshine - coupled with Fall colors everywhere, awesome!
So I decided to finally put my chinesium Carbon wheels on the bike and see what’s what (i.e. will they kill me in the first corner?). Strangely enough, they feel like a MASSIVE difference (together with GP5000 rubber) compared to the old OEM wheels. Still have to fiddle with finely adjusting the rear derailleur, but apart from that: awesome!

Attachments

• 2B301E5D-3284-4856-900A-19E3E06B5404.jpeg
    2B301E5D-3284-4856-900A-19E3E06B5404.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 91
Summer? 20 degrees and sunny? Lies!
Try 11 degrees and raining buckets. Still did 48 kms cause I'm hardcore .

Anyways, any of you guys use a gpx map app? Cause mine annoys me, it keeps flipping the map, getting me lost etc. And it drains my phone battery ... 2hrs 30 minutes is the longest it'll work, with screen brightness at its lowest setting, z'd wifi/bluetooth off...

Suggestions?

Not an option, my phone's speakers are not nearly loud enough, and I mostly ride trails, not acual roads

Anyways, any of you guys use a gpx map app? Cause mine annoys me, it keeps flipping the map, getting me lost etc. And it drains my phone battery ... 2hrs 30 minutes is the longest it'll work, with screen brightness at its lowest setting, z'd wifi/bluetooth off...

Suggestions?

I ziptied a powerbank to the frame and ran a cable to the phone for my centuries.

^that would work fine! I'll look into it. Not looking for a permanent solution, as I ride mostly offroad, and thus need to rinse off the bike every other ride or so.... don't know if standard cables/powerbanks can survive this. The problem is that my chrge port is at the bottom of my phone, and my bike holder thingy closes at the top...

Also, I somehow managed to do 248 kms this week. Yeah it's a holiday week and yeah, we're on lockdown again so there's not a whole lot else to do, but still... that's massive. Up until late last year I did like 20 km rides maybe once a week....

What's with the silence in here! Also why isn't this thread in the sports section?

Anyway, I managed to get myself a virtual green jersey! ... which in this case just means the other 154 people who rode this sprint mostly didn't care :D
1605546894458.png

Paris cobbles even! ?
slight downhill (see -2% top right) combined with 30s @ 700W (that colorful bar at the bottom is power (last 5min or so), the squiggly red is HR (and Apple Watch integration „beta“ so it cuts out all the time)) will Speed you up real nice. At least in Zwift. Out on the road I’d probably spin out and run out of gears somewhere around that speed, so probably not realistic...

700W

You could power a microwave.

Yes, I was thinking of that video :D

Yes, I was thinking of that video :D

:ROFLMAO: and I was fully expecting that to show up. That guy at least managed to hold that power for about 2 minutes (calculating backwards from the 0,021 kWh)... but I would expect that experiment to have gone much better at a higher cadence tbh.

I may have been stupid and as a result may not be able to get up out of this bathtub ever again!
6457D310-F5CF-4A68-829E-B64BFB569CD0.jpeg

... that shit is what happens when people put an achievement for going round in a circle 25 times in their dumb games! Stupid gamification ?

Why aren't the laps shorter? This way more people would be able to unlock that achievement... :razz:

Do you cycle longer distances on the road as well? I guess with Zwift you're able to get higher average speeds since you don't need to concentrate not being mown down by car drivers, right?

Why aren't the laps shorter? This way more people would be able to unlock that achievement... :razz:

Do you cycle longer distances on the road as well? I guess with Zwift you're able to get higher average speeds since you don't need to concentrate not being mown down by car drivers, right?

Haha yeah... this is already the shortest „route“ they have ?

Not quite as long as this, no. Out on the road I have usually kept it to 2hrs or less (but that may have been due to not enough training) and will struggle to average 30km/h. Zwift doesn’t have traffic lights, cars and also does provide draft (outside I usually ride alone). Also in Zwift I have much more aero Bike lol, whatever that’s worth...

I really like the idea of a Zwift but dont really have the space for it. Also, I like going offroad and getting properly muddy,which this doesnt' offer.

Otoh, sometimes a 2 hr ride requires a 1 hr clean job to get all the crap out of every single piece of my bike.... Just hoping for better weather in the next days. Cold is fine, I just cannot stand the combination of rain and cold

Welp, I've had my cycling computer for exactly one year (first recorded trip on December 4th 2019) and the odometer shows 8553 km, distributed across three bikes, and I didn't even record every ride since recording popping down to the supermarket 500 metres away is kinda pointless. :ph34r: Aim for next year: 10k km... :thumbup:

Oh, and if someone really loves their kid and has lots of money to spare: there is a full carbon 12" trainer bike from Specialized for a cool 999 Euros - many people don't spend that much money on a full blown bike for adults... :|

Damn...