Bicycles!

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Thinking about rebuilding my ancient old daily driver bike (~15yo Aluminium „trekking“ bike with 3x8 deore and v-brakes) with some of Chinas finest 1x gravel groupset 👌 the only thing worth saving on that really is the frame (drössiger) and I still have a set of old OEM wheels from my cx bike that now lives on the trainer. Riding the bike is still very enjoyable, but it needs major work… the cockpit is all screwed, the FD doesn’t do anything anymore so I effectively run it 1x anyway, and I’d really like some better brakes… maybe I’ll start an excel sheet parts list some time (so that I’ll actually do it next year maybe…).

Kaffeeradeln seems very nice, but a bit time consuming 😉 enjoy, I hope you get good weather and stay safe out there!

Last edited:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
Yeah, it's my vacation this year, I'll visit my sister in Tübingen afterwards and take the train back home. I'll always be the last of the group since I have a rear view mirror, a rear facing flashing light and an air horn to warn the group when someone overtakes dangerously. Worked very well last year when the organizers did it for the first time. :wink:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
That looks like a pretty epic trip. Good luck!

Vipergts662

Car(s)
2016 Holden Commodore (chevy ss), 2020 Explorer ST
Picked up a Trek Marlin 6 yesterday to replace a $150 Chinese POS that chewed through three sets of crank bearings in four months. Didn't need anything uber crazy to chase the kids around the retention ponds behind our neighborhood and its nuts to think that bike is on the very low side of "entry" level. Hydraulic disc brakes and a clutch activated derailleur are nice to have options as well.

1661306433006.png