Bicycles!

Shimano with the Allez? The 105?

Seeing all the road bikes on this thread made me slack off at work and look for one I can afford to buy this winter. I found a 2013 Specialized Allez Comp M2, about 1050 euros (25% off). But I'm also looking at some Cannondale and Felt bikes.

I bought mine one year ago to "try out a road bike" - it's extremely addictive once you start riding and you get a whole new view of your surroundings as the radius you're driving within is much bigger than on any other type of bike.

Shimano with the Allez? The 105?

Shimano 105 are some of the parts.
The red one

I bought mine one year ago to "try out a road bike" - it's extremely addictive once you start riding and you get a whole new view of your surroundings as the radius you're driving within is much bigger than on any other type of bike.

I know. A friend of mine (the one with the Kula Gold) bought a Felt F5 half a year ago, and we went for a ride. Ar one point we changed the bikes, as I wanted to see how a road bike feels. I only rode it for 20s, as it was so much easier to ride it faster than my bike. And that annoyed me. Hopefully, I will buy one this winter :)

Last edited:
I rode my road bike for the first time after a seven-week hiatus, and that in 34?C...

I managed to achieve the fastest time on my standard short after-work route (only ~21.5 km) ever, and right now I am still sweating - after I've had a shower...

I'm (not very) much looking forward to take a ride tomorrow morning as temperatures are unbearable at the moment, I have a feeling that the same thing might happen to me.

I'll go for a morning ride too, starting at 8. Will do some 50 ish km, just have to make up my mind where to go
That sounds a lot like my plan for tomorrow: Get up, eat breakfast, ride, shower, enjoy thunderstorm. :D

i'm still hoping to make it to the local open air pool, have a swim and get back home (should be 15km on the bike at least) before that starts. planning an early start as well :D

oh well, didn't even get close to my 15km to/from the pool, but did a little more swimming than usual, so that's alright. now waiting for thunderstorm... pleeeaaase hurry up, i am melting!

This is so ridiculous. It even had the brandname "2fast4u" stickered on. Yeah, he's welcome to try me.
IMG_20140722_220306.jpg

Speaking of... today's tour went very successfully in regards to being fast:
IMG_20140727_221452.jpg

:D

Yesterday I did only 95 Km, with two friends, in about 4h effective riding time (5h in total). Windy, on an mtb, very hot most of the time, it wasn't that easy, but we managed it :)

got around to ordering a new set of wheels today. hub dynamo and corresponding lights included - finally, a road legal bike :D

(for non-germans: the majority of battery powered lights is restricted to racing bikes under 11kg or not road legal at all. it's rather stupid, but technically, it's a thing. i've never been stopped by the police or anybody else, because usually they're happy i'm adequately lit and leave it at that, but it'll be nice not having to worry about batteries and/or actually taking the damn light with me).

next steps will be disc brakes at some point (with the amount of riding i plan on doing, i don't want to be back to buying a new set of wheels every few years) and the change to hollowtech2 cranks/bearings (which should be doable without any major hassle, according to the guy at the shop). this will finally rid me of my horrible alivio brake and gear levers, yay!

Hub dynamos are awesome. Together with LED lights at front and back plus light sensor, and you're set and hassle free.