Bicycles!

I am 5 years old, because every time I see the brand of that bicycle I think of this:
giphy.gif

Nice!
Hope you kids rides the thing to the ground.

So I didn't mention it on here, but two weeks ago (to the day) I had a minor incident; technically not a crash as I stayed on the bike; but many injuries were sustained in an awkward landing.

I had switched to my flat pedals from clipless for a bit of skills practice and decided to hit a quick trail on the way home. The climb up the hill was fine, although a little strange on flats.

Smashed it into the singletrack decent; first jump I was fine, a little sketchy with my feet slipping a bit. Third corner had some brake ripples from everyone ripping it up and then a little bump before the apex. Well the bumps vibrated my feet way off the pedals, so when I hit the bump my feet came off the pedals, I got air and landed on my chest.

Think saddle to the ribs still holding onto the handle bars, and then a flat pedal to the knee.

Result: 1 cracked rib, a 3 x 0.5 x 0.5 cm gash in my knee requiring some hefty stitches and blood all over the left hand side of my bike. Limping it down a DH track was a scary experience.

So 2 weeks on my ribs still hurt, but at least I can move around ok now. I am currently waiting at the doctors office to get the stitches removed.

I'll post up some pictures later, but let's just say my flat pedals now have the screws would all the way out for many more grips.

Damn, Olie.
That sounds unpleasant. Hope you're back to 100% soon.

I haven't abandoned my plans to get a CX yet, looking for some winter discounts...

How does this look? http://www.cyclecenter.fi/tuote/ridley-cyclocrossari-x-bow-20-disc-2016-1/
Fills my basic requirements of alloy frame, carbon fork, disc brakes and at least Tiagra components. I should find time one day to go and see how it fits me.

Also, the black friday thing is tomorrow, maybe something else will pop up. The main problem with that, is that I don't dare ordering online, as I'm very unsure about the sizing. I've tried numerous calculators and tried to cross-reference them to manufacturers' measures, and the results are very inconsistent between each other and with my subjective tests :(

As for my old bicycle, I'm thinking about getting some studded rubber for it and see what is winter cycling all about. Might need some new clothes too :)

In-frame cable routing looks so good, but it seems to be uncommon.
Cost reasons?
Maintenance?

Probably both. And doesn't bring much in terms of practicality. But I'm a sucker for hidden cables :p
Me too.:lol:

Well, damn, congrats! Bike looks nice, and the price seems like a good bargain, just taking in mind the kind of bike and make it is!

On the subject of those bike, what's the difference compared to a standard road bike? Cause they look almost the same, but I guess this one is a bit stronger, to handle the potential off roading stresses..

That sounds like quite a good bargain, well done! Also that colour combo... unfff... it's possible I like that even more than my own garish red :D

On the subject of those bike, what's the difference compared to a standard road bike? Cause they look almost the same, but I guess this one is a bit stronger, to handle the potential off roading stresses..

As far as I understand, cyclocross is more or less a road bike that can accommodate wider tyres. Technically it's a kind of sport, where they do short races on all kind of terrains, but the bike makes a good all-rounder. Usually the top tube is also a bit shorter, since agility is preferred over the top speed.

*sigh*
Every time I go out to ride I feel like I bought the wrong kind of bicycle.
Specialized-Crosstrail.jpg

It's a Specialiazed Crosstrail and performs nicely when riding on tarmac, but when I have to ride on the AWFUL cobblestone that are very common around here the ride is just punishing my hands and butt.
I wonder if a mountain bike with fatter tires and beefier suspension would be any better in this kind of terrain or riding in that kind of surface will always suck, regardless of the bicycle.