Bicycles!

You can always pump up the tires a bit more on the mountain bike to lessen rolling resistance and let the suspension soak up the bumps.

Prior to that one, I had a full-on mountain bike and that felt much better overall. Of course, on the good portions of asphalt the current bicycle is much better, but I hate it anywhere else. I feel like the one I have now would be excellent for somewhere like Copenhagen, or Maastricht, or anywhere in the civilized world. Here, not so much. :lol:

Yeah. I've driven my mountain bike with 5.5 to 6 bar in the tyres for 12 years...

Also true.

I'm not the lightest guy, I need to cross a number of ridges on my way to the train station, and my bike has aluminium rims, I wouldn't want to put less air in them for fear of ruining my rims.

Although tyre pressure is relative to rim width and tyre width.

I'm a 27psi front, 29-31 psi rear (wet/dry)

That is for a 2.3" tyre on 27mm wide rims.

110psi on the roadie.

So I finally got around to getting my old GT Dyno Nitro 24 put back together.

20170415_115000.jpg

It was all the rage to de-badge our bikes when I was a kid, but I'm thinking about buying some new decals for it. There are plenty to choose from on eBay.

I like how much pride they put into their bikes back in the day. Every piece was stamped with either the GT or Dyno logos. Sorry for all the pics, I can't help myself. :p

20170415_114031.jpg

20170415_114059.jpg

20170415_114116.jpg

20170415_114817.jpg

20170415_114000.jpg

20170415_114143.jpg

20170415_114010.jpg

20170415_114019.jpg

I love the simplicity and the clean looks. :thumbsup:

So, as my bike got stolen from the train station last tuesday, I needed something new. I really wanted a hybrid this time around, and it had to have a Nexus 8 hub (can't be arsed to fuck around with a bazillion gear derailleur system). A couplle days shopping led me to a true gem, a second hand, good as new, Cube Hyde with all accessories fitted for 550 eur, after I sadly had to write off a new Hyde as a possibility because it was outside my current budget. It should arrive at my place in a few days, so for now, some pics from the seller:
dsc08770.jpg

dsc08775.jpg

dsc08778.jpg

dsc08777.jpg

Still kinda sad it's not a new one with its hydraulic disc brakes and fat tyres, but I'm quite sure this'll do just fine for the 7km journey to the station.

Oh, and an Abus Bordo 6500 Granite because I REALLY don't want this one to get stolen.

...It should arrive at my place in a few days...

Just got off the phone with the seller, the transport company will be picking it up on tuesday, so I'll probably have it on wednesday.

So, how many trips did you do with your new used bike already? ;)

For me, I did 230 km in 7 weeks according to the trip computer, much more than I did in the last two years combined so even though it's not that much for 7 weeks it's still better than nothing. ;)

On June 18th there is a bike demo in Hamburg, there are multiple starting points scattered in the outskirts and everybody is converging on the city. Parts of the Autobahn and the highest bridge in Hamburg (the K?hlbrand Bridge) will be closed for that occasion. Even though there is a regular starting point pretty close to my home and I'd have to drive to one of the starting points via public transport I think I'll go there, just for the occasion.

I've done a bit over 80km in the past week and a bit, mostly to the train station and back. Didn't use it before that because I was on vacation from the 28th of April to the 5th of May.
The bike feels great, even though I feel completely out of shape after almost no cycling for almost three weeks, I'm already quicker than I was on my old bike, according to the logs on Google Fit. It's so incredibly light, the lock weighs more than half of what the bike does.

Speaking of the bike demo: of course there are videos of it at youtube, I bet it feels ridiculous riding a bicycle on the Autobahn where you usually just hurry by at 100 kph or stand in a traffic jam...

For me, I did 230 km in 7 weeks according to the trip computer
Make that 530 km in 12 weeks... :D

As I announced, I attended the bike demo with some 10k+ other people and cycled about 48 km around Hamburg, over short stretches of Autobahn and the K?hlbrand Bridge. I did a timelapse of the masses of cyclists on a stretch of Autobahn. Original duration is about 15 minutes, even then the end of the group wasn't in sight...

The other video which shows the drive on the K?hlbrand Bridge ist still converting, then I have to upload it, but as it's almost 9 GB it'll take some time...