Bicycles!

No, I'm not... :x

Well, a little bit... :think:

OK, quite a lot... :razz:

But then there were people who did Amsterdam - Münster (about 230 km) in less than 11 hours with about 20-30 kg of chocolate on their cargo bikes.

Cycling lvl 9000!

And with this I'm off to my sister's birthday party who lives 50 km away - by bicycle of course. ;)

I crossed 9,000 km on my road bike two months ago.

..... I bought the bike in 2005....
I haven't reached 9000 km on my motorcycle I bought 2 years ago!

Well, I bought a fourth bicycle... :razz:

It's a cargo bicycle since I often transport bulky things which don't fit too well on a normal bicycle. The first hardness test was the ringmeet, I went by train to Cologne and cycled along the Rhine and the Ahr to the campground, all in all about 92 km per direction. Mind you, I was the only one with a camping bed... :razz:

At the Ludendorff Bridge (better known as Bridge at Remagen) after about 55 km

In Cologne

Afterwards I had some decals made since I named the bike "Rocinante". If you like "The Expanse", you'll be familiar with the name. ;-)

3556023 3556024

That bicycle is currently at around 1100 km, and I bought it 5 weeks ago...

Well, there are numerous types of cargo bikes, but I like the Omnium since it's not as long as a long john (cargo platform between rider and front wheel) as a a Douze and I usually transport only light-ish cargo. When you don't transport cargo the Omnium drives almost exactly like a normal bicycle so you don't have to re-adjust to the other bikes when you decide to take one of them. :)

Got this beauty from a friend a while ago, need to get it serviced so I can start commuting on it after next weekend.

Xhb9BO6.jpg

Dt8tyBB.jpg

Please don't run red lights, you'll discredit all the other cyclists out there which adhere to the rules so we get all the hate even though we don't do anything wrong... :razz:

Oh, and I recommend bright lights for cycling in the darkness, battery powered LED lights have become very effective over the years. You should look out for LED lights with lense systems so it behaves like car headlights as in you have a bright beam towards the road but it gets cut off sharply to not blind oncoming people. I use the Busch+Müller Ixon Core, but there are other brands which produce similar lights. For rear lights you can get battery powered LED lights as well, but there are differences as well. There are lights out there which produce just one tiny dot which isn't very visible, then there are lights which light up a rectangle or square by the means of lense systems as well which is obviously better for visibility.

Appreciate the feedback, but that's all pretty obvious to me, as I've been cycling for years. :D

Fuck red light runners.

What a coincidence: on Friday when I went to work on my cargo bike I had ground fog in the morning, today when I went on my cyclocrosser I had ground fog in the evening. :) Since the sun comes from behind in the morning and there is a dam behind me as the photographer the ground fog in the evening is way more prominent. I like the random person with the dog standing in the field in the evening as well, that's why I didn't crop it. :)

First time cycling on my road bike this year, I opted for the short "after work" route even though it was Sunday. Result: I'm total out of form. Only 26.15 kph on average. Last summer I was closing in on 30 on that route. :(

I got a bike! Marin Muirwoods 29 in the Rasta color scheme:

IMG_7977.JPG

Apparently I got the last small one? Neat. I need a basket, a lock and to adjust the seat and shifter, but other than that, it's a blast. Maybe a kickstand, too. It lives in the living room for now, ha.

I never bike in a skirt, so I was fine with a non-step-through. Holy hell, I am out of shape, though. Hopefully this fixes that. The depression/stay-home weight's gotta come off, and there are enough essential stores and trails nearby to keep using it for transportation during Weird Plague Apocalypse Time.

Holy hell, I am out of shape, though. Hopefully this fixes that. The depression/stay-home weight's gotta come off, and there are enough essential stores and trails nearby to keep using it for transportation during Weird Plague Apocalypse Time.
In my experience, you’ll have to visit so many shops to get everything you need (Thanks, hoarders! :rolleyes:) that what used to be quick shopping trips becomes a tour of the town. Off the bike, face mask on, into the shop and then the other way around after you’re finished. It does get tiresome, but it is a bit of a workout.

In my experience, you’ll have to visit so many shops to get everything you need (Thanks, hoarders! :rolleyes:) that what used to be quick shopping trips becomes a tour of the town. Off the bike, face mask on, into the shop and then the other way around after you’re finished. It does get tiresome, but it is a bit of a workout.
I gotta say, the workaround for this was visiting different markets instead of our usual big chain. The big chain is good, but mobbed. The smaller neighborhood grocery store had the TP, so hell yeah, I'm gonna strap some TP to a bike when I need it.

I gotta say, the workaround for this was visiting different markets instead of our usual big chain.
It’s been a treasure hunt through various small and chain stores for me, thankfully I was able to avoid most crowds... probably because I don’t go to the shops as soon as they open so I can buy eleventy packs of whatever I don’t really need. :rolleyes:

@ninjacoco - Re: Kickstand. As a mountain biker, I find kickstands to be outright dangerous. Last thing you need is for it to:

A. End up in the spokes
B. Impale you in an accident

Just food for thought.
Fair fair. Probably why this didn't come with one, but it struck me as odd since this is the first bike I've had sans kickstand. Probably not going to do too much off-pavement riding with it, but that's good to know.

Update: I appear to have messed things up further trying to fix a gear skipping issue at home. I think I'm just gonna hand it off to a bike mechanic at this point given the lack of time/slammed with freelance work/having to freelance more because Texas won't get the thumb out of its anus re: unemployment claims right now. :( Three cheers for being in a pandemic mid-job-search, I guess.

Also, hot damn I am out of shape. I don't know if I just didn't eat enough, sleep enough or if I was distracted by the shifting issues (the latter caused me to almost eat it while looking down on a steepish hill), but yeah. The other day where I was able to fart around the park was fine. Today? Not so much. This sedentary life is killing me. I may just fart around on the flattish part of the neighborhood until I can get back up to my usual "I will wrestle a very weak bear" levels of okayness?

THE BIKE IS FIXED! I sorta messed it up worse by trying to fix the gear-skipping issue at home. Oops.

Temptation to keep riding through the neighborhood when I just rode it up to the front of the house: high.