Bicycles!

More new bikes! Because more bikes is more betterer!

As I said in my previous post, we went on vacation with all our bikes, and rented an MTB for Maud, because she only has a bottom-barrel Decathlon bike for getting to the train station and back (2km one way). Turns out she also really liked riding mtb... So after juggling some budgets around, we freed up enough moneys to be able to look into ordering one, if stock was available.
Some online browsing later, and we landed on an Orbea Onna 40 in terracotta, hrew in some ergonomic grips with bar ends (love those) so she would be able to use the bike in comfort, a rock guard, some bottle cages and a bike stand.
IMG_6405.jpgIMG_6406.jpgIMG_6407.jpgIMG_6408.jpg
In the mean time, I've also done some rearranging of parts on my own bikes, the GES saddle now adorns my MTB, the Selle Freccia is on my road bike, until I get something better (likely Selle Italia Model X). The bottle holders have been swapped, the red cube holders look epic on my MTB, and the simple black Elite ALA cages are perfect on the road bike. And the MTB gained a rock guard.
IMG_6410.jpgIMG_6411.jpgIMG_6414.jpg

Yeah, the red bottle cages on the roadbike didn't do it any good so it's good they fit the colour theme on the MTB. :)

That terracota color looks really good

Yesterday on my way home from work (admittedly with a bit of a detour through the forests...) I suddenly heard a "crack" followed by "tick tick tick" - turns out a spoke of the rear wheel of my cargo bike broke, it lasted just two months. Well, today I went off to the shop which laced the wheel two months ago and they replaced the spoke right away. ^_^

View attachment 3564851
Well, after a second spoke broke the day before yesterday and the shop replaced that as well today a third spoke broke. Now I'll get a completely new set of spokes under warranty...

Bicycle lunch with the wife this past weekend!

Pre-ride selfie:
IMG_1835.jpeg

Parked at the café:
IMG_5425.jpeg

On the way back home, at my favorite photo op spot:
IMG_5426.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

Yes, we’re super duper totes adorbs.

My cuteness-meter just exploded in a burst of rainbows and unicorn farts.
Also, interesting contrast between the two bicycles.

Yeah, the red bottle cages on the roadbike didn't do it any good so it's good they fit the colour theme on the MTB. :)

I got them because I highly suspected that they'd work really good with the red on the MTB (Cube bike, Cube bottle cage, can't be coincidence, right?) if they wouldn't work well on the road bike. Quite glad that worked out.

That terracota color looks really good
It looks even better in person, pictures don't do it justice.

In related news, bike parking in my garage has been improved with the purchase of two Bike Nooks:
t8j2YJh.jpg

Now all six bicycles fit comfortably in the garage, together with the storage and freezer in there, without advanced Tetris needed to grab any single bike.

Last edited:
The current good weather makes me want a bicycle...again.

I really should rearrange the shed to fit the bike again. The fenders keep it from popping up on the back wheel too far.

It's currently in my dining room. o_O

Question: how spirally can you get without cycling a stretch of road twice (excluding getting home again), getting bored or getting wet from the impending thunderstorm?

Me: yes!

1653064065585.png

(The stretch in the south where it seems to be the same stretch of road is actually two roads separated by train tracks; that was my end point as well so from there back home again was indeed on some of the same stretch I cycled before)

Last edited:
Cool.

That looks suspiciously like an Aeroad CF SLX with SRAM Rival eTap - that's 5k Euros, or did you get one (slightly) used for less? Anyway, I'm very jealous...

I didn’t say it was cheap :| (yes, you’re right, it is exactly that). i wanted electronic shifting and some other random stuff that I mentioned a few months back I think. in the end all that just doesn’t go with „reasonably priced“. At least it’s „only“ rival, not some higher tier crap. my wants could’ve been had cheaper, I admit, but ive had a soft spot for the aeroad since they launched it and tbh that color scheme really does it for me and pushed me over the line…

As we all know racing stripes, a shopping list on the fender and a spoiler make a car go faster so of course you'll be faster with such a fast looking bike, d'uh...

As we all know racing stripes, a shopping list on the fender and a spoiler make a car go faster so of course you'll be faster with such a fast looking bike, d'uh...

All true, however I’m not so sure about the bicycle equivalent of fart cans.