Big Prestiege Car Suggestions

Hannah Gregory

Car(s)
Ferrari Mondial
I'm thinking about used cars. Not a streach limo, but a limo type of car, like a 750iL or a 500SEL type. I've been thinking about the BMW iL, Merc SEL and a 300C, but I wonder, thinking outside the box, what other big limo type cars are out there, perhaps ones that don't spring to mind, like the Nissan President.

Any more suggestions? (like I say used ones)

Thanks

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5
How big (height, girth) are you? If not too large or tall, the Nissan Cedric/Gloria (we had it in the States as the Infiniti M45 in '03/04) looks pretty imposing, and takes well to a set of large wheels; the factory 18" ones look pretty sweet already.
03m45_5.jpg

Do you get many of those big Japanese sedans in the UK? Far as I recall most of the bigger cars over there are FWD anyway (Rover 75, Ford Scorpio, etc).

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
LEXUS LS400 FTW.

/EDIT Ad. ...

Automatic, 325,000 miles, This car has had a full respray in TVR candy apple red. The car was first sprayed silver and then about 10 coats of candy red were applied and then laquered.

1992 LEXUS LS 4.0 V8 4dr Auto Saloon (private)

• 325,000 miles
  • Automatic
  • Red
  • Petrol
325,000 MILES - they are good. ?800

Last edited:

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Old BMW 750iLs FTW. They are dirt cheap and still awesome looking.

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
I'm thinking about used cars. Not a streach limo, but a limo type of car, like a 750iL or a 500SEL type. I've been thinking about the BMW iL, Merc SEL and a 300C, but I wonder, thinking outside the box, what other big limo type cars are out there, perhaps ones that don't spring to mind, like the Nissan President.

Any more suggestions? (like I say used ones)

Thanks
500SEL?.. I assume you are talking about S500 (as that is what they are called now).
I like the S-Class because of its pure name power. Might seem counter intuitive to other things i say (ie GTI v A3) but when you are spending that kind of money and in that class the truth is name is important. So my vote would be just go for the S-Class, just pick some of the right options.

But the 300C is nice, and I bet you can get that new for the price of the others used.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I was going to say the Nissan in the 2nd post, but since I was beaton to that, how about...

this!
Front-Right.jpg

Guaranteed you wouldn't see another one in England. Just imagine it black with a hard top instead of a convertible. Suicide doors are so yummy.

edit: just imagine this one with modern 18'' wheels.
1961_lincoln_continental.jpg

Another car I would recommend...

lexus-gs300-big.jpg

Older model Lexus GS. Very dignified and distinct looking (much like the Nissan Cedric) but not terribly expensive.

Hannah Gregory

Car(s)
Ferrari Mondial
I was going to say the Nissan in the 2nd post, but since I was beaton to that, how about...

Yea I was thinking of a bg ol' American car in black, like you say a rare sight in the UK. Hmmm, would look quite nice, black with blacked out windows.

1961_lincoln_continental.jpg

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
Lexus LS400! They're probably cheap to pickup, cheaper to maintain than the Germans, and it'll probably never break down.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
325,000 MILES - they are good. ?800

Yeah, they're good. But the 800? price tag may have more to do with the fugly color they resprayed it in, than the car itself

also, pretty much any car is fuckered after that many miles, unless it's had everything refitted.

So Lexus : yeah, just not that ^ one.

Serj

Car(s)
06 Ford Crown Vic

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
Phaeton

Hannah Gregory

Car(s)
Ferrari Mondial
Nissan Cedric/Gloria (we had it in the States as the Infiniti M45 in '03/04) looks pretty imposing, and takes well to a set of large wheels; the factory 18" ones look pretty sweet already.

I like the Cedric, unlike a big Toyota or Lexas even, it has a nice quality looking interior and the front grill looks like a Bentley grill! We don't get them in the UK, unless it's an import.

But the 300C is nice, and I bet you can get that new for the price of the others used.

It seems BMWs & Mercs hold thier value more in the USA, a secound hand 750 or a 500 Merc are cheaper than a new 300C. Big cars have a limited market in the UK, not only due to petrol prices, but for some reason a lot of British people don't like big cars, they think thier too flashy and hard to park!

Personally, I don't see it myself, I love big cars you get all the toys and the comfort, small cars are horrible! I prefer, the American idea, that you should aspire to the biggest and the best.

As for petrol I'd much rather pay a couple of pounds more for a 1st class seat in a big car.

I think it's going to depend if you will be driving, or if someone else will be driving you.

I would like rear leg room/comfort, as sometimes I will be in the back, as well as driving myself, I'm not big, but its nice to have that limo feel, if you're sitting in the back. I'm going to fit TVs into the head rests of whatever I get.

So Lexus : yeah, just not that ^ one.

Its a lot of car for the money, and makes my point about the British car values for big cars. I'm not a fan of Lexas myself, although they're pitched to be in the same class as Mercs, they still feel and look a bit 'cheap' to me. And I want it to be black, so even if this is a nice colour, its not black!

1990 Bentley Arnage Turbo-R

Thats not an Arnage! Thats a Turbo R, its older.

This is an Arnage. An Arnage would be the ideal car, but, sadly, not in my budget! I want the look of lots of money, I don't have lots!
bentley-arnage-blue-1_6.jpg

Last edited:

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
12834.jpg

?? Surprised it has not been posted yet.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
How about the first generation S8.
Black on black, those things are nasty looking.
http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/9457/1staudis8xp3.jpg

Just checked eBay Motors UK... you can pick one up for about 10k quid