Bill to forbid civilian 9/11 trials, suggests military trial in Guantanamo instead

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
military.com

WASHINGTON --- Saying America can't afford the costs or the threat to national security, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) and a bipartisan group of other senators introduced legislation Tuesday that would forbid public funding for a civilian trial of those accused of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Instead, the senators want the government to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, alleged to be the Sept. 11 mastermind, and other terror suspects in a military courtroom at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

There you go, don't worry about the bad guy, he'll be taken care of. Sleep well tonight.

By the way - since some people sort of quote me on that - I did not say that the whole goverment was in on the thing. What I said was that a) there's a massive coverup of what really happened, which sometimes isn't even close to the original story, and b) there are too many coincidences on many levels to make it possible for some cavemen to carry out such an operation without any help from inside. Could other governments have been involved? Why, yes, although I see no strong link so far. ?ut they couldn't have pulled it off all by themselves either.

Why would there be a conspiracy? Not even the American government would kill it's own civilians in order to go to war; and Iraq shows they don't need much of a pretext to invade someone anyway. Hijacking a plane is not a new thing and it doesn't take much flight training to learn to steer it into the tallest building in the city. As for the bill, well there are no other words then to say it is horribly pathetic.

What a strange proposal.

military.com

There you go, don't worry about the bad guy, he'll be taken care of. Sleep well tonight.

By the way - since some people sort of quote me on that - I did not say that the whole goverment was in on the thing. What I said was that a) there's a massive coverup of what really happened, which sometimes isn't even close to the original story, and b) there are too many coincidences on many levels to make it possible for some cavemen to carry out such an operation without any help from inside. Could other governments have been involved? Why, yes, although I see no strong link so far. ?ut they couldn't have pulled it off all by themselves either.

some terrorists hijacked a plane and slammed em into a couple buildings....and they were successful in no small part because people like you think of them as nothing more than cavemen...its a fairly straightforward conspiracy

some terrorists hijacked a plane and slammed em into a couple buildings....and they were successful in no small part because people like you think of them as nothing more than cavemen...its a fairly straightforward conspiracy

That was irony. I know they were educated semi-westernised (at least in their pretend appearance) muslim men. Mind to elaborate how exactly they were successful because of the likes of myself?

Military tribunals must be great. Cheap, fast, better for national security etc ... why do we even have civilian courts at all?

Assuming that Al Qaeda couldn't do this alone would mean that you think they're incapable of a (on paper) straight forward attack. That is arrogance. That sort of arrogance (dismissal of Al Qaeda's capabilities to coordinate mass attacks) is at least partially to blame for the attacks of 9/11.