.BIN file

freakster_991

Car(s)
87 Corolla [EE90], 98 Civic JDM [EK8], no vtec yo
I have downloaded this .BIN file...and im not sure how to open it..im wondering if i have to get a program to open this file with....andy has told me to run it using NERO burning rom...well it did not work...so can anyone help me on this matter...i appreciate it a lot...Oh btw...i think it is an installer for a program...got it off piratebay

its a cd or dvd image got to nero and choose burn image to burn it to a cd or dvd

Is it a relatively large file?
.CUE and .BIN usually go together. they're a type of ISO file (cd image)
to get it to work with nero you may need to get a cue-sheet file for it.

grab a program called ISObuster and this will do it for you, i think.

hmmm i need the stuff in a less technical jargon..haha its like reading stuff in another language....and btw..i tried burning it as an image..it does recognize .bin as an image...wats the next step now?it does recognize .cue and .iso..but not .bin... the file is in .bin format

a ISO file should come in .cue, .bin and .iso together... well that is the case when I d/l it... if all three are there... it would definetly work.
but you should try to avoid ISO files... unless you're 100% sure what you're going ;)

and if Video lan doesn't know what to do with it, try deamon tools (just google it...) you can "mount" the .bin and then its like another cd drive in your comp and it should work...

If it doesn't, try to find a matching .cue (should be only 1kb in size...) and try burning it by selecting the .cue...

Buba

yep, use deamon tools or sth like that, it creates a "virtual" drive, and u can open iso/bin...and other image files
the most common type of image files are ISO, thats one file, and cue/bin are sort of together, you "burn" the cue file, cos that is the one containing info about the actaull cd image
use deamon tool, safest and easiest way to look at an image without wasting cds/dvds for burning ;)

wohoo i love this site!!!it works ...thnx a lot for all the help guys!! finalgear rocks :thumbsup: thnx to every1 involved in this thread

how I can forget about Daemon tools... I had it on my computer ages ago, my HD crashed and I lost everything... that was the software I was looking for... I had to resort to burning everything I d/led :lol:

Also, if I'm not wrong, you can just rename the .bin-file to a .iso (documentation isobuster).

Greetz Johan

freerider said:
Also, if I'm not wrong, you can just rename the .bin-file to a .iso (documentation isobuster).

Greetz Johan

And what do you can do with it afterwards except burn it with some prog or mount it with Dtools as stated above????

Buba

freerider said:

Greetz Johan
youre wrong ;)

if you don't like daemon, for whatever reason, there's another program called "alcohol 120%" or something like that. but personally, daemon's a lot simpler to use.

SuperGeijiMayuu said:
if you don't like daemon, for whatever reason, there's another program called "alcohol 120%" or something like that. but personally, daemon's a lot simpler to use.

Well, with Alc120% you can just rightclick on an Image and mount it, whereas in DT you gotta rightclick on the taskthingy and then select the file... Both are pretty easy to use...

I guess the standard noob is rather going nuts over the Starforce copy protection ;-)

Buba

bigfoot1942 said:
freerider said:

Greetz Johan
youre wrong ;)

From the IsoBuster help: The resulting file may not have the extension .iso.

Not to worry, just rename the file and give it the extension .iso

Many types of image files *.tao, *.bin, *.dao, *.img, .. can be renamed to .iso because .iso comes in so many flavours.

However, many applications are not able to detect the right flavour the way IsoBuster can, hence the need for a cuesheet file.

Buba said:
And what do you can do with it afterwards except burn it with some prog or mount it with Dtools as stated above????

Buba
I just said it bc, in the first post, there was said that he/she couldn't open the file.

Greetz Johan

Alcohol is a nice program. Great for cueing up pirated....I mean downloaded stuff :mrgreen: