Black Friday

Black Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few years ago I walked into an HHGregg opening (an electronics store) and found a decent deal on a surround sound reciever. While in line to checkout there was this nice woman behind me with a shopping cart full of stuff including HDMI cables that had $90.00 price tags on them. At first I didn't say anything but I'm reading the packaging and I'm seeing some bullshit claims like they are good up to 12,000p, I said "excuse me but you can get a HDMI cable off Amazon for $5.00 and just about all the claims on that packaging is not true" so she went and put them back, so did the guy behind her who was listening as well.

Aha! HH Gregg was were I worked. Nice store, actually, and we still earned 100% of our pay on commission.

So, if you did your homework, learned what you needed to know about what you were selling, double checked your info, treated customers like people and never ever lied to sell anything...you'd make a killing there. Most of my customers were repeat business. :)

And as for the cables...I could debate you on whats 'worth it' or not. Honestly it all depended on about a billion different things. I get the 'better' cables myself. :)

Aha! HH Gregg was were I worked. Nice store, actually, and we still earned 100% of our pay on commission.

So, if you did your homework, learned what you needed to know about what you were selling, double checked your info, treated customers like people and never ever lied to sell anything...you'd make a killing there. Most of my customers were repeat business. :)

And as for the cables...I could debate you on whats 'worth it' or not. Honestly it all depended on about a billion different things. I get the 'better' cables myself. :)

I tried to buy an HDMI cable the other day, not a single store had a 6' for less than $60. It's disgusting. I could buy 20 cables on Amazon and when one breaks because maybe it's not put together quite as well (let's be honest they don't exactly fall apart), oh look! 19 spares.

Expensive cables exist for a reason but retailers force them on customers who don't know any better and have no need for them :(