"Blame Canada"

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
The US government is being very insistent that some of the 9/11 hijackers entered the US through its borders with Canada. The Homeland Secretary said this earlier, and ended up retracting her statement in a half-assed manner later on when Canadian officials complained and said there was no truth to this.

Whatever, we moved on. Now though, this old lovable fossil has stuck his head out from hiding to spew some false facts again.

McCain defends Napolitano, insists 9/11 perpetrators came from Canada

Arizona Senator John McCain is the latest high-profile politician to repeat the diehard American falsehood that the Sept. 11, 2001, attackers entered the United States through Canada.

Just days after Janet Napolitano, the U.S. homeland security secretary, sparked a diplomatic kerfuffle by suggesting the perpetrators took a Canadian route to the U.S. eight years ago, McCain defended her by saying that, in fact, the former Arizona governor was correct.

"Well, some of the 9/11 hijackers did come through Canada, as you know," McCain, last year's Republican presidential candidate, said on Fox News on Friday.

The Arizona senator's remarks prompted the Canadian embassy to immediately reissue remarks made Tuesday by Ambassador Michael Wilson, who reminded Americans once again that none of the attackers came to the U.S. via Canada.

"Unfortunately, misconceptions arise on something as fundamental as where the 9/11 terrorists came from," Wilson said.

"As the 9/11 Commission reported in July 2004, all of the 9/11 terrorists arrived in the U.S. from outside North America. They flew to major U.S. airports. They entered the U.S. with documents issued to them by the U.S. government. No 9/11 terrorists came from Canada."

Canadian embassy officials were also in touch with McCain's office to set the record straight. McCain recently visited the Canadian Embassy and had lunch with Wilson.

Link

Canada does oil, yes... I believe they provide a great amount of the US's oil consumption. I won't state a figure because I'm not certain and then I wouldn't be any better than Mr. McCain.

I don't think they'll invade us, not over this anyway. And even if they did, I'm sure Canadians would find a way to live happy, calm lives under the American regime, because that's just the type of people we are. :)

Yep. The US gets a large chunk of its foreign oil from Alberta.

AQ better not fuck with our Peace Arch :love:

I trust our Canadian friends, but I think all of us near the border would admit that in places it is....*lacking*.

Hold on a second... if they entered the US from Canada, it is AMERICAN OFFICERS who would have questioned them crossing over into the US. Duh.

...I think all of us near the border would admit that in places it is....*lacking*.

Yes, even as a Canadian I understand border security is lacking.

About ten years ago when I moved to Canada, I saw some cars had these American looking stickers on them. I asked one of the owners what it was, and he told me it was for rapidly crossing the US-Canada border. He jokingly said he could start a career smuggling illegals, because even though the sticker was just technically for the owner of the car, they had never stopped him at the border even when he had his family in their van.

Anyway, such programs have long been canceled, but my point is the US-Canada border is very open and porous, and probably could stand to be tightened up a little bit, but this is not a reason for politicians to be spewing false facts and insisting on it when the falsehood of their facts is brought to light.

Canada supplies about 20% of the Empire of America's foreign oil. Slightly more than the combined efforts of the middle east. Good try guys, and I commend you for getting all the added bonuses of free money and guns, but we still beat you and we have green trees.

citation:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/...ons/company_level_imports/current/import.html

...oh shi- we're gonna be invaded by The Dominion of Texas. Alright now, there's no need to be rough, you can have our oil. We're just happy to help out our friends... we're still friends, right buddy?

And here we are tightening the Mexican borders.

/Is it sad I sang the South Park song when I saw this?

^^ You're not the only one to break into song. Dammit, that should've won the Oscar instead of Phil "Gumby" Collins' tripe from whatever the hell movie it was.

(I wonder what would have happened at the Oscars if "Uncle Fucka" had been nominated instead. :lol:)

Either we all band together and fight with hockey sticks/lacrosse sticks or we ask the rest of the world to help us. I don't want to become American :(

and probably could stand to be tightened up a little bit

Why? Seeing how close the 2 countries are, wouldn't it be easier to loosen the border, but just keep the external borders of the countries? especially seeing as how usa is seperated by canada.

You mean we should become one country?

Hold on a second... if they entered the US from Canada, it is AMERICAN OFFICERS who would have questioned them crossing over into the US. Duh.
:lol: pwned?

I think protecting your borders from people getting out would be very GDR-style and and as such not much appreciated by the "land of the free". ;)

You mean we should become one country?

No, what I've been able to go into Austria freely for as long as I can remember, but Austria keeps the slovenians out of their country, and thereby also out of Bavaria and Germany. (OK, outdated example, now slovenia is also allowed in, but they keep the albanians and shit out.)

Well we're not Austria, are we?

We're talking about air and sea borders here... Canada would have to make it tougher for everyone else to get into Canada so things can remain open and free in our own little North American bubble. If we had a land border with Suadi Arabia or wherever these terrorists come from, then yeah, we could keep them out of Canada and therefore the US. But we would need to make it harder for Brits, Australians, Germans, French, etc. to come to Canada if we wanted to make it tougher for potential terrorists as well.

Plus, some of the stuff the US does (or were doing under GWB at least) is outright racial profiling and discrimination. Not very 'Canadian'.

Last edited: