Ownership Verified: Blind_Io's Garage

Anything for the Fronty will not happen until A) my friend decides he wants to produce non-custom shit for sale (which means a website, marketing, billing, shipping, etc) and B) we have a vehicle to use for prototyping.

o8vawuF.jpg

Had another productive day. This shot was around the time we stopped for lunch. When we got back we finished the trim bits that cover the mounting tabs, completed the frame mounts (how does 8 grade-8 bolts sound?), and welded the passenger side (here it is just tacked together for fitting).

Today was a lot of time making small parts using the hydraulic sheer and punch. This thing is hands down the most terrifying machine I have ever encountered, it slices through 1/4" steel like it was butter on a Texas summer day and punches through 1/2" bar stock with a sound that is louder and sharper than a rifle shot. Seriously, I get nervous just being around this machine, they might as well put a warning label on it with a photo of a pissed off honey badger with a "multiplied by 1,000" graphic.

Still, being able to stamp out mounting holes and slice up plate steel more easily than using a paper cutter sure makes the work go quickly and leaves a nice clean edge.

The square tube bender broke (again) so we will be making the roll hoop out of round tube instead. All that is left is cutting the mounting holes for the off road lights and doing the tube hoop. This will live on my XTerra for the time being until MkII is completed and my brother gets his suspension upgraded. Then this will move to his rig and I will install the MkII.

Last edited:
as the default choice for anything that needs bolting together?
all bolts lower than 8.8 end up in my bin...

USA Grade 8 is the highest grade generally available to consumers. Think metric 10.9 as the equivalent.

oh, didn't know that :)
metric 8.8 is the minmum, 4.8 is just too weak...

Modular roof system installed.

Mro8bZy.jpg

joMClWg.jpg

What clips into the slots for the tie downs?

Also, you have about twice the snow I do at the moment. I have been lucky this year. *crosses fingers*

There will be a number of accessories and mounts that use those slots, I can also get a net made from Raingler that will handle loose items.

The designer is also an avid shooter and has a few nice AR-15s that he built. It's no surprise that the system resembles keymod.

Are you putting a minigun or just rocket launchers in there?

Yes. :D

A couple 240-B light machine guns will be more than enough.

Ok, so a few changes to the bumper. The front winch mounts.. well, we fucked it up so we just hacked them off with the torch since this bumper is eventually going on my brother's XTerra and he doesn't want a winch.

The roll hoops are on hold for a bit because my friend has been up to his ass in work and his wife is about to have a baby. Those supports will go on, but not any time soon. Since I have a couple off road trips coming up and my plastic bumper was being held on by hopes and dreams (and the actual steel bumper was removed a while ago) we decided to get what we had painted up with some self-etching epoxy paint and get it on so I don't have bits falling off.

Here you can see what was behind my plastic bumper cover. I have trimmed the fender liner on the driver's side.

Fomkk3R.jpg

So here's what I have on so far. The LED off road lights go in tomorrow once I cut the OEM fog light plug off and wire in the correct plug. I have worked out the bar design to include a retention system for the grill that will allow it to lift straight up, so the bars will fit nice and flush to the front of the rig and have an excellent approach angle.

E48tOBk.jpg

W7PUZvW.jpg

My approach angle is way better now. I managed to tuck the bumper back as close to the frame as possible.