Ownership Verified: Blind_Io's Garage

looks like all the important bits are of good quality though

The time has come, Stella, the ST1300 - is officially for sale.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/59211280

Also, the Sofia's bodywork is back from being wrapped!
IMG_20200308_145442871_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while since I did an update on the Multistrada, what with the world ending and all.

Getting parts has been slow with factories and suppliers shut down or delayed. The custom Spiegler brake lines finally arrived after the factory reopened, but I didn't get the correct banjo bolts. The air filter, air filter o-ring, and brake pads for the M4 calipers were also delayed. I finally got everything in and picked up; no one should be walking out of the shop $200+ lighter in the wallet with such a small bag unless there's a very expensive watch or piece of jewelry.

With parts in I was finally able to crank out some progress on the Multistrada and I'm finally feeling like I'm within sight of the end.
  • M4 calipers installed
  • Spiegler brake lines installed (lots of laying out the lines on the bike, removing it, adjusting the banjo fittings, reinstalling, removing, adjusting, etc.)
  • Front wheel removed, serviced, and reinstalled
  • Rear wheel serviced and reinstalled
  • Chain installed
Unfortunately I also found that the right front fork is puking oil. Doing fork seals on the skyhook system is not something I plan to mess with, so the bike will go into my local motorcycle shop for that. It should save me some money since the body work and the tank are already off and all that is normally what comes apart to get to the fork tubes. The bike will also be splitting a bottle ($90) of Castrol SRF brake fluid with a few other bikes, so the shop will put that in for me. They will also do the timing belts since I have found out that to properly tension those things you need a $1,000 specialized tuner that tensions them by sound. Supposedly you can do it at home with the right program and an microphone, but for 45 minutes of shop time, I'm just going to have them do it this time. Maybe at some point I buy a super cool old-school oscilloscope from the University surplus shop. :cool:

The bike will get trailered in sometime late this week, once it's back I will begin reassembling the body.

I finally got everything in and picked up; no one should be walking out of the shop $200+ lighter in the wallet with such a small bag unless there's a very expensive watch or piece of jewelry.

Your drug is just mechanical.

:cautious:

Today we celebrate 200,000 miles.
PXL_20220605_152550232.jpg

Yes, that's the highway down there, and an arch in the distance (Wilson Arch is out of frame to the right).

PXL_20220605_193853659.jpg

Two new LCAs, a new front bearing/hub assembly, get my spare coilovers rebuilt because one is leaky, and hope it passes emissions in a few months.

Forged Marchesini wheels for the Multistrada and some take-off rubber for the R6 for next season.

PXL_20221024_014715804.jpg

Farewell to the Xterra - she has been sold to a good friend in California who plans to use her to access his family's rural property without beating up the nice minivan, as his second car, and to build some fun memories of adventures with his twins.

I'm making sure to send him with all my spare parts and I'm leaving him all the lighting, radios, awning, rubber floor mats and the waterproof neoprene seat covers for the back (because kids).

Wow, lots of "sad" reactions to the news. Guys, it's okay, it's time. The X was intended to be a utility vehicle that we could take out on trails and trust our lives to. She's just getting a little too old and tired for that last part and I don't feel safe going deep into the back country anymore with the problems of an old vehicle. A midsize/small SUV isn't the best to go to the track either with such limited space, I have to spend an hour packing the car just right so everything fits.

It's time for the Xterra to have a new steward who has the right use-case for the vehicle's age and size. His kids are going to have great memories of driving up to their family property in their dad's new 4x4. He's also been a close friend for years, so I'm glad I can do this for him at a cost that makes it possible for him.

I know it's not sudden but it seems that it is, the X has been around for such a long time. I wasn't expecting the Jeep to replace it either, even if that should've been obvious. :p

I hope your friend enjoys driving it and his kids enjoy riding in it.

I know it's not sudden but it seems that it is, the X has been around for such a long time. I wasn't expecting the Jeep to replace it either, even if that should've been obvious. :p

I hope your friend enjoys driving it and his kids enjoy riding in it.
Oh, the Wrangler didn't really replace the X, it's taking off roading to the next level. We just got back from Easter Jeep Safari in Moab and it was damned impressive, even if it's only on 35" tires (most people are running a minimum of 37" and we were on-trail with guys running 40" and above!)

There will be another vehicle to take over the X's duties of trackday hauler and mild-moderate off road/camping vehicle. When that happens I will start a thread for it.
I'm genuinely excited for the change.

Farewell to the Xterra - she has been sold to a good friend in California who plans to use her to access his family's rural property without beating up the nice minivan, as his second car, and to build some fun memories of adventures with his twins.

I'm making sure to send him with all my spare parts and I'm leaving him all the lighting, radios, awning, rubber floor mats and the waterproof neoprene seat covers for the back (because kids).
This sounds like the perfect new home for the X. Congrats!

Installed forged Marchesini wheels and went back to the Termignoni pipe after sourcing a new heat shield.

PXL_20230615_174220700.jpg

PXL_20230615_174236146.jpg

As a noted disliker of all beaked bikes, you've certainly done a fantastic job of making yours as inoffensive as possible. Between the blue wrap and these stellar wheels, it's a nice setup!

I was going to get a RAV4, but I mistyped RSV4 into the search box - what the hell, these results look more fun

PXL_20230623_215943311~3.jpg

I don't have a problem, I can quit any time I want!