Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
looks like all the important bits are of good quality though

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
It's been a while since I did an update on the Multistrada, what with the world ending and all.

Getting parts has been slow with factories and suppliers shut down or delayed. The custom Spiegler brake lines finally arrived after the factory reopened, but I didn't get the correct banjo bolts. The air filter, air filter o-ring, and brake pads for the M4 calipers were also delayed. I finally got everything in and picked up; no one should be walking out of the shop $200+ lighter in the wallet with such a small bag unless there's a very expensive watch or piece of jewelry.

With parts in I was finally able to crank out some progress on the Multistrada and I'm finally feeling like I'm within sight of the end.
  • M4 calipers installed
  • Spiegler brake lines installed (lots of laying out the lines on the bike, removing it, adjusting the banjo fittings, reinstalling, removing, adjusting, etc.)
  • Front wheel removed, serviced, and reinstalled
  • Rear wheel serviced and reinstalled
  • Chain installed
Unfortunately I also found that the right front fork is puking oil. Doing fork seals on the skyhook system is not something I plan to mess with, so the bike will go into my local motorcycle shop for that. It should save me some money since the body work and the tank are already off and all that is normally what comes apart to get to the fork tubes. The bike will also be splitting a bottle ($90) of Castrol SRF brake fluid with a few other bikes, so the shop will put that in for me. They will also do the timing belts since I have found out that to properly tension those things you need a $1,000 specialized tuner that tensions them by sound. Supposedly you can do it at home with the right program and an microphone, but for 45 minutes of shop time, I'm just going to have them do it this time. Maybe at some point I buy a super cool old-school oscilloscope from the University surplus shop. :cool:

The bike will get trailered in sometime late this week, once it's back I will begin reassembling the body.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I finally got everything in and picked up; no one should be walking out of the shop $200+ lighter in the wallet with such a small bag unless there's a very expensive watch or piece of jewelry.

Your drug is just mechanical.

:cautious: