Ownership Verified: Blind_Io's Garage

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I just picked it up tonight, so no photos of my own yet, but here's one from the online ad.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/09/28/amp8k6.jpg

2006 Nissan X-Terra Off Road
Rockford Fosgate 6-disk MP3-capable stereo with sub
6-Speed manual
Locking rear diff
Brush guard (will be removed)
Step bar (will probably be removed)
Clutch-start cancel (whatever that is)
Hill decent assist (Or just put it in 4Lo)

It's exactly what I wanted. More photos when I have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great,

Was gonna ask if you're removing the brush guard until i read it :p

Is it clean when you got it or are you gonna have to wash and wax it?

It's very clean. The previous owner took incredible care of it. There's some cow shit on the mud flaps from his recent trip to Moab, but that's it. He said he was sorry that he didn't detail it for me, but it looks brand new inside.

Needs more guns.

Looks like Spectre is serving his Nissan masters well :p.

I did buy a gun this weekend, also. A compact Springfield 1911 Government Issue which I plan to carry.

I approve and endorse your choice of offroader AND your choice of guns.

Good man. Make sure you have a gun rack and appropriate gun related bumper stickers on it.

pretty sure it means you don't have to have the clutch engaged to start the car. The theory i have heard is that it will mean less wear for the throwout bearing but i have not actually seen any hard evidence either way so who knows.

EDIT: just read a quick thread on a tundra forum and the theory is that because the oil will have drained out of the thrust bearing when you first start the car it is metal on metal till you build oil pressure add the force required to move the pressure plate and it is pretty easy to see where you could save a whole ton of wear. that being said i assume thrust bearings are designed around those kind of stresses so who knows how much you are actually savind

Last edited:
Good man. Make sure you have a gun rack and appropriate gun related bumper stickers on it.

"HONK IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A GUN
FIRED FROM A CAR WINDOW"

I actually saw a biker wearing a T-Shirt that said "Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle." He was a Patriot Guard Rider.

Looks good. Are you going to put a proper off road bumper on it or just leave the stock ones?

For now I will just remove the brush guard. Eventually I want a new bumper, but I can't afford one.

I just picked it up tonight, so no photos of my own yet, but here's one from the online ad.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2009/09/28/amp8k6.jpg

2006 Nissan X-Terra Off Road
Rockford Fosgate 6-disk MP3-capable stereo with sub
6-Speed manual
Locking rear diff
Brush guard (will be removed)
Step bar (will probably be removed)
Hill decent assist (Or just put it in 4Lo)

It's exactly what I wanted. More photos when I have time.

The clutch start cancel is pretty much standard issue on the Nissan offroaders that come with a stick, and has been for more than twenty years (longer than Toyota, IIRC). They just don't market it at all, preferring to let the feature speak for itself.

The idea is that if you stall the truck while climbing or crawling, you may not want to disengage the clutch (because you might roll back, etc), so you can hit the button and start the truck in gear, using the starter motor to move the truck and start the engine.

In a related matter, you might be surprised at just how powerful the starter motor is on that truck.

EDIT: just read a quick thread on a tundra forum and the theory is that because the oil will have drained out of the thrust bearing when you first start the car it is metal on metal till you build oil pressure add the force required to move the pressure plate and it is pretty easy to see where you could save a whole ton of wear. that being said i assume thrust bearings are designed around those kind of stresses so who knows how much you are actually savind

Since Tundras are rarely found offroad, I'm not surprised they have all the wrong idea about the system.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the styling, but it's growing of me :)

Anyway, enjoy it like it's meant to, offroad that is :-D

If I don't see a dead animal in the back within the next couple months I will be disappointed (yes humans/zombies do count).

I know you don't want to disappoint a random jack ass on the Intertubes.

Needs more guns.

Looks like Spectre is serving his Nissan masters well :p.

Heh.

It's not like has another choice in recent offroaders. At least not real offroaders, ones that are ready to go out of the box.

Jeeps: Made by the UAW, ruined by the Germans, do you really trust the government to not screw them up further?
Land Rovers: Stupidly expensive.
GM: Just no.
Ford: Explorers look like they could do the job.... until you realize that even the 'offroad' packages are optimized for road use and have terrible ground clearance.

Which leaves Toyota and Nissan.

Since Toyota is busy shooting itself in the foot (softening the US-market 4Runner until it really isn't suitable for offroad work out of the box), ass (softening the US-market Land Cruiser until it isn't suitable, etc) and head (making the FJ Cruiser to compete against the remarkable success of the XTerra and failing miserably with their chassis failures that they have been unable to solve), pretty much all that leaves is... the Xterra. From the company that never quite forgets why people buy their trucks in the first place. Which is why I own one, not because they pay me (they don't). :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Looking good. You might want to take the 'official' pictures at a more badass location than a driveway, though :mrgreen:

I think that's one of the better looking 'soft-roaders'. We don't get them here though so I can't comment too much on a side profile shot. BFG ATs (I'm judging from the picture, I hope I'm right) are good, but it needs more Mud Terrain. Look at throwing some Pro-Comps on it for serious off road ability. :D

Also needs more metal at the front and the back. Looks clean though, I hope you aren't planning to keep it that way.

Reposted from Random Thoughts.

Any ideas on tires? With aggressive tires and a locking rear diff, you could do quite a lot with that truck. Ground clearance might be a problem, but I hear XTerra's had pretty good clearances in stock form.

And congratulations again, sounds like quite a good truck.

"HONK IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A GUN
FIRED FROM A CAR WINDOW"

I actually saw a biker wearing a T-Shirt that said "Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle." He was a Patriot Guard Rider.

:rofl:

Xterras aren't "softroaders".

Really? For someone like me (who knows close to nothing about off-roaders) the X-Terra looks like any other SUV/Softroader. :dunno:

Congrats on the car truck. :D