Ownership Verified: Blind_Io's Garage

Looks awesome!

4K2g6gD.jpg

This might actually improve the aerodynamics of the Xterra. The canoe was pretty fun, but the kayak we borrowed was even better.

What, you're telling me someone can use one of those outside of a urban jungle? :shock:

Seriously, nice picture.

The new lighter weight bumper should wrap up this week and get out to powder coat.

J9CN6g3.jpg

aue2LKu.jpg

q865HQt.jpg

We still need to fine tune the mounting, modify the skid plate to fit with the bumper, finish the lower front panel, get the barwork on, and make some other adjustments for overall fit and finish. This will be a winch bumper, but I'm not putting a winch in at the moment (that will come later). The small fairlead is designed to prevent the line/cable from jumping the drum. Lighting will be two LED pods per side, outboard with a flood beam, inboard with a pencil beam.

I wanna be by your side when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Bring ammo.

Hm, hey hon! Will the new bumper pass the pedestrian safety test? :D

Kiki;n3542597 said:
Hm, hey hon! Will the new bumper pass the pedestrian safety test? :D

Yep. I estimate that the bumper could take dozens of hits from pedestrians and still be perfectly safe.

"Sir, do you have any idea how much damage this bumper would suffer if I were to let it run right into you?"
"How much?"
"None at all."

Last edited:
Did you order the optional bolt on spike kit for additional pedestrian safety?

Blind_Io;n3542530 said:
Bring ammo.

Only stuff that starts with a "4", I presume? :p :lol:

No, I have mostly switched to 9mm and 5.56 now that Kiki has "appropriated" all my .45 and 7.62 firearms for herself.

:lol:

Blind_Io;n3542620 said:
No, I have mostly switched to 9mm and 5.56 now that Kiki has "appropriated" all my .45 and 7.62 firearms for herself.

Roommate privileges!

Pretty much.

Spectre;n3542654 said:
So... what's yours is yours, but what's his is also yours? :mrgreen:

Blind_Io;n3542662 said:
Pretty much.

Well, considering he doesn't like HK triggers and doesn't fit on my Monster that well... ;)

HK makes a perfectly good trigger for a $300 gun.

You’ve got a body on frame vehicle. You could do it too, Thomas.