Ownership Verified: Blind_Io's Garage

To be fair, gigantic steer horns would suit his Body-on-Frame vehicle a lot better than an apocalypse how bumper.

To be fair, both things came up before.. although the set of longhorns is more often suggested, at times demanded, by other people, while I have that itch to go with a mean bumper :D.

Made a small upgrade:

FDhkJR4.jpg

love that bumper!
but don't realy understand why you still need the bull bar on top of it?

(unless you're wading a pool, and that sth for you little kids to hold onto when they're sitting in front :lol:)

bone;n3544884 said:
love that bumper!

(unless you're wading a pool, and that sth for you little kids to hold onto when they're sitting in front :lol:)

Probably because Utah is the kind of place that has an awful lot of big animals with a death wish. I've heard those kinds of bumpers called 'Deer Juicers' for a reason.

I want to make a not entirely dissimilar bumper for my own truck, for that very reason.
If I didn't think it would be fugly, I would even want one for my Fairlane (which I have hit a deer with...)

Anyways, i love the bumper Blind, it looks great on the Xterra

bone;n3544884 said:
love that bumper!

It protects the radiator and headlights from animal impacts and pushes branches and such aside. The bar work also acts as a cantilever, adding upward rigidity and strength to the lower section. If I drop the vehicle on a rock or something, the outer part of the bumper won't fold up into the fender and light, the bars transfer that force laterally and spread it out over the entire structure. Bars can also be a place to mount lights and antennas, coil up recovery straps if they are being used frequently.

The Mule Deer is the most common in our area and bucks can easily be over 300 lb (trophy bucks can top 400 lb), on average they are over 200 lb and every single one is suicidal. Then there are the moose. Fuck moose.

Last edited:
Also, the bull bar is great for holiday decorations. :D

And hanging hammocks

The Xterra did a thing, because fuck this tree in particular. We have had some wind and I could not stand another night of this shitty pine scraping against the wall next to my bed.

Oh, and it is getting another new feature. Photos of that to come once I get the brackets installed.

Last edited:
:lol:

I've seen so many fail videos of similar stuff. Glad it wasn't the case.

Last edited:
I made sure to rig it properly, I had more than enough strap to be well away from the tree, the strap has a dampner on it, I waited until the wind was blowing in the direction of the fall, and I notched and back-cut the trunk to drop it where I wanted. If anything, it went a little too far from the house, I didn't want to snag the other tree that much (it broke a branch).

So it begins...

Here is the plan:

Street-legal LED fog cubes - bumper (ordered)
Spot LED cubes - bumper (owned)
Flood LED cubes - fender (owned)
40" LED light bar - roof, front.
Small LED perimeter lighting - roof, sides (x4 total)
Flood amber LED cube - roof, rear (dust light)

Switch Pros system to run it all. (ordered)

Last edited:
Operation Christmas Tree?

Blind_Io - nice, I been wanting to get a rear facing light bar on both cars to piss off idiots who drive around with high beams all the time.
Kiki - rofl

Where is the disco ball? :p

Kiki;n3547051 said:
Operation Christmas Tree?

I'm scared of the dark, okay?

-----

Son of a taint...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/QJMgQoD.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

I just ordered nearly $600 worth of switch gear a few hours ago.

----

EDIT: Looks like it was a bad coil on #6; my shop was even able to snake it out without pulling the intake.

Last edited:
wMFxluf.jpg

My friend's shop built themselves an articulation ramp. I was told that I had to take the Xterra on it or I would be forever branded "balless". She didn't do too badly. Next year I hope to get the Titan Swap done that I've been wanting for several years, with that I should be able to park on top of the ramp without much trouble and still have the other three wheels on the ground.

Added a little something extra before heading to Death Valley:

OoUG9Ob.jpg

Bucket List post!

"I came for the waters... I was misinformed"

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/uAamm3P.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Teakettle Junction, Death Valley

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/ESsXXGf.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
I like the awning, but next time park with it on the shady side. ;)

That was just set up immediately after the installation for photographs, we were not actually using it. This is in the parking lot of my friend's shop.