Blur - Supposedly the COD4 of Racers

Oh, how Bizarre has fallen. They should have just resurrected the MSR franchise. I had more fun with that than any PGR title.

I loved Rollcage, still have it around here somewhere. Destructible scenery was all new at the time. :D I remember playing the demo for Stage II but I never bought it. Sadly it probably is better than BLUR, I hate plasma weapons. Give me back the machine guns in Twisted Metal:Black any day. :)

I have a retail box of Rollcage. Back when games came in a box. Made of cardboard. Imagine that. Some games even had manuals. Which you had to read before you started playing. Now nobody can read and all games must be accessible to everyone. And thats why new games, like Blur, will suck.

The people/studio that made Wipeout made Rollcage.
A Rollcage HD / Stage III would be epic win.

As for blur, looks meh. That split/second game looks more interesting.

Of course I remember Rollcage! :D

Great game with great gameplay and superb music. I still remember the first time i loaded the game, got ready to race and this started to play:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosoAohWIIc&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Of course Blur won't be a great game but I think it won't be bad either. I also think they should have expanded the Metropolis Street Racer (a.k.a PGR) fromula now that they are a third party studio. But if that's what they wanted to do, I'm going to give them a chance. They never decieved me with the PGR's and MSR so probably they won't with this one.
I liked the soundtrack so much, I once put the disc in a CD player... ^_^ played all the tracks without a problem. :) It was really a great game. Imagine if they made Rollcage today. 20 cars on the track, absolutely stunning graphich and online multiplayer. :|

I thought all PS3s played PSone content. Mine does.
I just tried it... :p drooooooooooools... mgs1... Team Buddies... the allready mentioned Rollcage... omg omg Oh My God... awesome!! :)
No but seriously I didn't know it plays PSOne games... :S

Last edited:
Ressurecting this thread because the demo is out. I've played a little bit, and yeah, COD4 of Racers is probably fairly descriptive of the game. It's good fun, easy to pick up and play. Not sure how deep its going to go, and I'm curious how it will work as a stand alone game. At the moment the demo really feels more like an XBox Arcade title than anything else - not to knock against it, but I'm just not sure this will be the "next great 'x'". But it is fun.

Did one race. Got bored after the first lap. Never going to play it again.

Did one race. Got bored after the first lap. Never going to play it again.

Really? I found it very exciting. I loved Mario Kart when I was a kid so this is great. It's like Mario Kart meets Need for Speed meets Call of Duty 4. (There are perk loadouts!)

Yah, i played the "Multiplayer Demo" of the game on the xbox 360. I predict this game will be in the >$20 bargain bin within half a year of release. Sure the concept of the game sounds interesting but everything was implemented badly. I mean, you basically have 2 choices when it comes to going around most turns. Either attempt the turn normally and end up using the wall to turn the car or hit the handbrake and turn too much and/or spin out.

Yah, i played the "Multiplayer Demo" of the game on the xbox 360. I predict this game will be in the >$20 bargain bin within half a year of release. Sure the concept of the game sounds interesting but everything was implemented badly. I mean, you basically have 2 choices when it comes to going around most turns. Either attempt the turn normally and end up using the wall to turn the car or hit the handbrake and turn too much and/or spin out.

I do not have this problem. My only issue is just sometimes waiting 10 or 15 minutes to try and get a game going , only to end up with a one-on-one scenario.

^ this is the problem i had. i downloaded the Xbox MP Demo of the game, started it up and it ended up waiting for players to join a game. In the end i just gave up and went gave up on it. After the comments from this thread, a less than thrilling intro sequence and a lack of publicity for the game is enough to give me warning that this game should be avoided like the plague.

I absolutely hated the demo, which is a shame as I liked the Project Gotham games.

I couldn't even watch the review because all the glittery stuff around the car made me sick so much... Its also "availible" for the PC, in case people wanna try it. If anybody does, and it has a LAN mode please post it. The only way I might bother with this...