Blur - Supposedly the COD4 of Racers

I take my last post back...this is going to be really bad!

The only reason games like Breakneck worked was because the cars looked like they can use such weapons and were visually equipped with those.
What do we have here? Stock or tuned cars that shoot at other cars through what? Their headlights?

Not creative enough to come up with an original idea or original artwork? No problem! Just make a throwback arcade racing game with licensed cars!

(I don't mean throwback in a good way, I just mean that lol I can haz powarupz race games are ooooold and there are reasons why nobody makes them any more... because nobody buys them any more for one. If you do something stupid like this, it needs to be stylised or else it and you are just retarded)

Rumour has it PGR is being made by Turn10, so the rumour could still survive. But, following Forza 2 PGR will be a lost franchise...well graphically at least.

fixed... though if I've heard right (and the rumors are true); Turn10 managed to get some of the PGR guys on board and are looking at the very least to get Forza 3 their "next big thing" on par graphically with the PGR franchise. All I can say else to that is wait for E3.

Though this "Blur" would be a lot better if it were a MMO version of Tokyo Xtreme Racer, or whatever they're calling it nowadays; rather than this bastardization of racing genres.

Last edited:
I simply dont understand people in this forum sometimes ...

When PGR4 came out i didn?t read any good things about it in this forum , bla bla bla cars feel like boats , bad animations bla bla bla , ( I bought it anyway ).

Now its gone , everyone loved it...

Seriously...

When PGR4 came out i didn?t read any good things about it in this forum , bla bla bla cars feel like boats , bad animations bla bla bla , ( I bought it anyway ).

But there is nothing to understand... from what we know, this game seems like garbage.

It could be good, it could... but what they've so far provided makes it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they can't even make a proper poster, they don't seem to have enough of a drive to make a proper game.

Seriously...

I loved PGR, everyone in the series (minus 1 as I sucked to much to play it).

But the days of the Delphino Feroce and the Porsche GT2 were awesome.

I liked the PGR series, but this looks/sounds like utter garbage.

Seriously...

I never said it sucked. In fact I bought a 360 only to be able to play with PGR4 (and I already had my beloved PS3). I think PGR4 is one of the best racing games out there. And in some points it still is.

But BLUR... that's another story... ??'

Is it just me or are the graphics pretty 'orrible?

Also, :lmao: at Gary Numan.

Is there a word strong enough to describe how terrible that looks?

Catastrophe perhaps.

New Trailer:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aVLmX5ApDU&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

I loved the PGR series and adding weapons to the mix isn't the best solution IMHO. But the trailer and song rock! :D

And it doesn't look bad either.

BLUR will be crap.
I have seen this type of game before with those exact same weapons... names were different but they worked the same. Except the game didnt copy Need for Speed for its cars, GTA for its soundtrack and the graphics were superb for its time. Allso I'm ready to bet my left testicle the game was better thought out and had alot more originality to it than BLUR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_(video_game)
Click the above link and whoever played it... tell me I'm wrong.
Truly one of the best and most awesome games on PSOne. Oh man if my PS3 would just play PSOne games... I had them both games for my PSOne. Rollcage AND Rollcage Stage II and I tell you the hours I spent on those two games cannot be counted in one lifetime. :blush:

Last edited:
BLUR will be crap.
I have seen this type of game before with those exact same weapons... names were different but they worked the same. Except the game didnt copy Need for Speed for its cars, GTA for its soundtrack and the graphics were superb for its time. Allso I'm ready to bet my left testicle the game was better thought out and had alot more originality to it than BLUR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_(video_game)
Click the above link and whoever played it... tell me I'm wrong.
Truly one of the best and most awesome games on PSOne. Oh man if my PS3 would just play PSOne games... I had them both games for my PSOne. Rollcage AND Rollcage Stage II and I tell you the hours I spent on those two games cannot be counted in one lifetime. :blush:

Of course I remember Rollcage! :D

Great game with great gameplay and superb music. I still remember the first time i loaded the game, got ready to race and this started to play:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosoAohWIIc&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Of course Blur won't be a great game but I think it won't be bad either. I also think they should have expanded the Metropolis Street Racer (a.k.a PGR) fromula now that they are a third party studio. But if that's what they wanted to do, I'm going to give them a chance. They never decieved me with the PGR's and MSR so probably they won't with this one.

Oh man if my PS3 would just play PSOne games... I had them both games for my PSOne. Rollcage AND Rollcage Stage II and I tell you the hours I spent on those two games cannot be counted in one lifetime. :blush:

I thought all PS3s played PSone content. Mine does.