• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BMW 1-series with a 3.0 V6!

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
BMW's gonna give the 1-series a 3.0 V6, it will be the 130i.
The V6 will have 258hp and this same engine was put in the 6-series earlier this year. The 3 and the 5 will get this engine too.
Topspeed of 250km/h and 0-100kmh in 6,2 seconds!!
Fuelconsumptions is about 9L/100km.

I don't think people will buy this cause it will be too expensive, for the same money you could get a real sportscar that looks like a sportscar.
I think this 1-series is already a car for grannys. Never saw a young guy/girl in it. Who wants a 4-doorcar that can do -100 in 6,2 seconds anyway? Your kids in the back will puke everytime you push the throttle.

9207.jpg

9208.jpg

9210.jpg

9209.jpg

I guarentee you this will be a SHITLOAD of money. I dont know how much it'll be pricewise but you could get a REAL sportscar for that money. Im with you on this one Josty ;) .

Considering the BMW 120 already was too expensive, this will be like a Passat W12, a car you don't want to go fast in.

Looks nice, plenty of power also. But the performance you get for the money isn't enough. My Nissan was like $22k and it has virtually the same performance for 2/3 the price. I could get something more serious for the price of this BMW, like a used Porsche Boxster S or BMW E46 M3.

Where's that "you suckers will buy anything pic"? Haha. :bmwpoo:

Vette Boss said:
Looks nice, plenty of power also. But the performance you get for the money isn't enough. My Nissan was like $22k and it has virtually the same performance for 2/3 the price. I could get something more serious for the price of this BMW, like a used Porsche Boxster S or BMW E46 M3.

Where's that "you suckers will buy anything pic"? Haha. :bmwpoo:
Looks like one of those sad depressed teachers you see at school who were bullied as children.
9207.jpg

As for the mention of power, if you want a big boys engine, get a big boys car. My grandmother would look perfect in this :wheelchair:

Yeah, I like the 1-series as a whole package, but the performance just doesn't add up for me. Which is why I thought you bought a BMW to begin with, the driving experience.

A bunch of snotty rich people that thing they're too good for a Focus or similar car will buy the 1-series. I would still say that BMW is still the best if you're planning to buy a German car, M-B's are ugly and they fall apart, and Audi's are starting to get fatter and softer.

I'm german and biased, but this car will be brilliant! And expensive! But what the heck... just get a 118i sign on it and eat all the tuned golfs...
Actually around my place I've seen one of them driving around, the factory is only 20 miles away...

BUT, if I would have the amout of money to buy it, I'd go for a 10000 km M3 nevertheless...

Buba

And the 3.0 will now officially be the most whored engine ever, as it's available in EVERY BMW model now. Even so, I think the 130i will be brilliant, but I'm biased towards BMW. This is also interesting for another reason. People were speculating the M1 would be getting a 250hp engine, but if the 130i already has 258hp, that means the M1 would have...

:thumbsup:

marcos_eirik said:

And it will have a straight six, not a V6...[/quote]

Yeah oops, obviously.. :oops:

Cool. Looks good. I like the 1-series except it is way too expensive. :( Too bad.

I think this car is setup to go against cars like the Golf GTi and other upper-end hot hatches on the market... I would prefer this over the Golf GTi.... anyone with me? :D

andyhui01 said:
I think this car is setup to go against cars like the Golf GTi and other upper-end hot hatches on the market... I would prefer this over the Golf GTi.... anyone with me? :D

True i would also prefer it over the GTI, but in the styling department, the 1 series needs some minor work.

^Nooo, you guys are kidding right? A Golf GTi is worse than this BMW 1series? Come on...The GTi may not look very good, but this...it's not really a sporty car is it?

The new GTI sucks, if we were to talk about the MK1 MK2 or MK3 GTI's, i would be all for it, but i completely hate the MK4 and MK5 Golfs, i just don't like there styling.

The GTI is front wheel drive and the 1 Series is rear wheel drive. For that reason alone I would choose the 1 Series. I think the 1 Series would be a pretty fun car with 260HP.
:driving:

^Yeah, considering it will be lighter than a 350Z and have only 18 fewer hp, I don't know why it's a bad car. But if you don't like the styling you won't want one no matter what engine they put in it or how much it costs. :bangin:

RWD is a good point didn't think of that...I might wanna get a testdrive in it anyway when I'm gonna have too much money.