• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BMW 130i announced

Re: BMW 130i announced

thEam said:
don't think a R32 will look too good in comparison.

Oh, it will! Look how damn ugy the 1 series is! :p :lol:

But yeah, performance-wise it's probably gonna beat the R32. The upcoming R32 is said to have 280hp though...

I also agree on the price, way too high. That's a base price of almost 57.000$! Imagine what this thing is going to cost fully loaded... 70 grand??

cya
Oliver

oliB said:
thEam said:

But yeah, performance-wise it's probably gonna beat the R32. The upcoming R32 is said to have 280hp though...

I also agree on the price, way too high. That's a base price of almost 57.000$! Imagine what this thing is going to cost fully loaded... 70 grand??

cya
Oliver

I think "ugly" is a bit too harsh. Although there are prettier cars out there. Are you sure about the 280 hp R32 though? I thought VW planned to put a 3.6 liter V6 in the next power-golf and call it R36 accordingly...

thEam said:
oliB said:
thEam said:

cya
Oliver

I think "ugly" is a bit too harsh. Although there are prettier cars out there. Are you sure about the 280 hp R32 though? I thought VW planned to put a 3.6 liter V6 in the next power-golf and call it R36 accordingly...

Yeah those are the rumours.

I just said R32 so that everybody understands what I mean. The successor of the Mk 4 Golf R32. The Mk 5 Golf R32 which will probably be named R36.

cya
Oliver

^^ There is supposed to be a R32 and a R36... As fas as I heard... 280 and 320 hp??? Dunno exactly...

Buba

oliB said:
Yeah those are the rumours.

I just said R32 so that everybody understands what I mean. The successor of the Mk 4 Golf R32. The Mk 5 Golf R32 which will probably be named R36.

cya
Oliver

As for the rumour part, the 3.6 liter engine is already being put into the US-version of the Passat (I don't know if it's already being sold, though) and it is putting out around 270 hp. That's why there is not gonna be another W8 version of the Passat. Apart from nobody buying the old W8, that is :)

So I tend to think that there is a very good chance that there will be a R36 ;)

thEam

I agree with thEam!

Buba said:
^^ There is supposed to be a R32 and a R36... As fas as I heard... 280 and 320 hp??? Dunno exactly...
I highly doubt they are gonna make two super sporty versions of the Golf!
There was talk about a turbocharged V6 with over 300hp, but IMO that's very unlikely too.

cya
Oliver

Uhh I think there was a thread about this car some time ago...anyways, I will just re-emphasise my thoughts on it:
Its ugly and if you are really desperate for an engine of that type, get a sports car for christs sake!

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Uhh I think there was a thread about this car some time ago...anyways, I will just re-emphasise my thoughts on it:
Its ugly and if you are really desperate for an engine of that type, get a sports car for christs sake!

Sry, next time I promise I will use the "search" function. There have been 4 threads that dealt with the 130i before :( (anyway, the 1 series is not THAT ugly...)

thEam said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Sry, next time I promise I will use the "search" function. There have been 4 threads that dealt with the 130i before :( (anyway, the 1 series is not THAT ugly...)

It is, it is... :p

Id prefer a 2nd hand M3 myself

Ed. said:
Id prefer a 2nd hand M3 myself

I've already given that some thought as well. Though while a used M3 ist for sure more powerfull and cheaper, I still like the sleeper qualities of a 130i...

I really didnt like the 1 series either when I first saw it, but when I went to europe and saw it in person I thought to myself "Its not as bad as I thought it was". For a around the town hatch its pretty nice. But it will never replace my sports car. :D

kem said:
I really didnt like the 1 series either when I first saw it, but when I went to europe and saw it in person I thought to myself "Its not as bad as I thought it was". For a around the town hatch its pretty nice. But it will never replace my sports car. :D

Hmm, I've not really been thinking about that. I guess a 1 series really is best suited for around the town, maybe a slightly bigger and more comfortable car is the way to go if you have to travel a lot. I'm glad I found some people that agree with me on the looks though ;)

Nevertheless, if the 130i is meant to be a "hot hatch", then it's definetely my favourite so far. If it wasn't for the sheer power, it would be for the rear wheel drive :)