Spied: BMW 3 Series GT spied

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
5uM0a.jpg

eJ4Nw.jpg

X6O9m.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/24/spy-shots-bmw-3-series-gt-caught-taking-a-break-from-bell-tower/

:cool:

That's your ultimate driving machine, right there :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I fail to understand the purpose of German auto manufacturers producing every single idea that more than three people have suggested... I used to think that this made sense in economic terms, but for crying out loud, I don't think this is even going to bring in any new customers. Hell, maybe without this the people who asked for this would've bought 5-series'.

And let's face it, developing this thing wasn't free, even if it's just a combination of ideas from other cars in their range...

So its like a 3 series.. but boxier/bigger/higher riding... like a 5 series...er 6.. series... 5 GT... 6 GT.......7? *brain implodes*

OH NOZE NOT TEH GT

They should just admit that they want to make a fucking MPV and fucking make one. This shit is bananas.

I mad.

This is so ridiculous I'm not going to comment on it.

Oh wait...

Better looking that the stupid Maserati SUV

OH NOZE NOT TEH GT

They should just admit that they want to make a fucking MPV and fucking make one. This shit is bananas.

I mad.
The best bit is that this damn thing doesn't have anything to do with an MPV, 4x4 or any other thing of some relevance. It's just a saloon that someone had the magnificent idea to ruin by increasing ride height and bulk without increasing functionality.

Have to agree on the point about the Maserati 4x4 though, that is horrid. I don't actually find this so ugly, just despicably pointless.

Last edited:
don't care what it looks like, burn it with fire!!!

The best bit is that this damn thing doesn't have anything to do with an MPV, 4x4 or any other thing of some relevance. It's just a saloon that someone had the magnificent idea to ruin by increasing ride height and bulk without increasing functionality.

Have to agree on the point about the Maserati 4x4 though, that is horrid. I don't actually find this so ugly, just despicably pointless.

The absolute worst part of this is that germans will buy millions of it because "ZOMFG I MUST HAVE A TALLER ROOF EVEN THOUGH IT DOESNT GAIN ME ANY USABLE ADVANTAGE WHATSOEVER".

Just look at the motherfucking Golf Plus. LOOK. FFFFFFFFFF-

BMW needs to "go back to its roots" even though it is such a cliche it's true in their case.

We need more of this:
thumb-1983-BMW-533i-Sedan-Car-Ad.jpg

thumb-a_ad5_1024x768.jpg

I saw my first 5-series GT, in the flesh, the other day. I don't think I've ever seen an uglier BMW in my life. I'd rather have a X3 or a 1-series diesel.

The X and GT lines have gotten so ridiculous now that I'm starting to think that their main purpose is to troll car forums. So let's not get too worked up about this and just laugh with them. After all, the important thing is that they are again making a good looking 5-series, and let's hope that the other "real BMWs" will be getting better too.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't think it looks much taller than a normal 3-series...just that it has a lift-back...

I fail to understand the purpose of German auto manufacturers producing every single idea that more than three people have suggested... I used to think that this made sense in economic terms, but for crying out loud, I don't think this is even going to bring in any new customers.
I see a shittonne of GT5's on the streets so I'm inclined to disagree. Here 5-series sales are up 156% for the first two months.

^ the higher you are, the less chance other motorists can look down on you in traffic and discover you're pleasuring yourself multi-tasking. :dunno:

Last edited:
Source?
Defense?
Reason?
Explanation?
Rational Thought?

Visibility, mostly. Plus an increased feeling of security, distancing yourself from other moving objects (including the ground). What other explanation is there for the success of the crossover? The only thing they have over a standard station wagon is the driving position.