• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BMW 3 Series segment.

James_May

In the piece Hamster did on the new BMW 3 Series. What was the tune in the background? It sounded like a rendition of ?Autobahn? by Kraftwerk. But it wasn?t the original and seemed to be played on an electric guitar.

Apologies for posting here, but for some reason, I am not allowed to post on the, What's that song?, area.

Come on, James, just ask Hamster next Wednsday!

Buba

//edit: And what do you mean, you can't post in that section? You can't open a new thread for sure, since the whole section would get all messed up, but you can post in the corresponding discussion for each ep...
Did you check if the song was metioned in the corresponding thread?

Buba

//edit: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5578

I guess its all covered in there???? If I wouldn't have have some beer, I would have taken the n00b out of you...

Yo JD. Why don't you just ask the research dude that cleared the music? ....... oh yeah, I know why, because you're fooling no-one !!! :lol:

I really knew you would post in here at some point!!! :woot:

Buba

Well, duh !!! :lol:

I can sniff out a James themed ....... 'anything' ....... at a thousand paces.

Edit: Buba, I forgot that you love them n00bs like they're your own babies!!! :p

Electrastar~Indochine said:
Yo JD. Why don't you just ask the research dude that cleared the music? ....... oh yeah, I know why, because you're fooling no-one !!! :lol:

Oh dear, that?s not very nice is it. I can?t ask the researcher, because I am not at the office. I am at the Daily Telegraph. I do own a mobile telephone, as, I think, I have mentioned on, Top Gear. But, as I know I have mentioned in, the Telegraph. I don?t like using them. The buttons are too small. And whenever you start talking to someone, they turn in to a Darlek. I have no desire to engage in a conversation with, someone who, wants to take over the universe. I would, of course like to know the name of the tune. I phoned Hamster, on a normal telephone, a red public telephone box. There are still some about, in London, mainly for the tourists. But, he was on his mobile, and I ended up talking to Davros. He was about to impart to me the name of the tune, when, I lost his signal. And that call cost me, very nearly, ?2. ?2? for a telephone call? I can get a plate of, egg and chips, and mug of coffee, at the local caf? for that. In fact, that?s where I?m off to. A good old plate of, egg and chips, would go down a treat, right now. Hopefully, some of the fellow posters on this group, will tell me the name of the tune. But, if not, then I will endeavour to ask at the, Top Gear Studios, on Wednesday. If I can find someone, there always running about. I don?t know why? I am always just relaxed, reading a copy of the paper, drinking coffee and waiting for my, egg and chips, in the canteen. I think its Jeremy, you know, he shouts at everyone, busy, busy, etc. Hamster is always late.

Ah, so you're at the 'graph then mate? Hmmmm, so that means you're not appearing on Top Gear this week, bearing in mind that the doors will have just opened a couple of minutes ago for the audience and they'll be getting their pep talk from the stage manager, the director and then JC.

BTW, I thought you were a tea addict, and isn't it always YOU that's late?

:lol:

One would hope that the *real* James is a little better at spelling and the proper application of punctuation...
:roll:

James must, get through, a lot, of, comma keys.

cath333 said:
a little better at spelling and the proper application of punctuation.

Spelling? Everything posted, was checked by MS Word Spell check. As for use of punctuation, see below.

GraemeH said:

James, writes scripts, so comma are used, a lot, because you write differently for something to be read out aloud.

quote="Electrastar~Indochine"]Ah, so you're at the 'graph then mate? Hmmmm, so that means you're not appearing on Top Gear this week, [/quote]

Bugger, I'm late, again. But I did say I was going, afterall today is Wednesday. And I did say I was going on Wednesday.

:huh: I'm with the May Defendor on this one.
I haven't the foggiest what that song was, so yeah as the person who does *cough* your music reporting. :D

James_May said:
I am always just relaxed, reading a copy of the paper, drinking coffee and waiting for my, egg and chips, in the canteen. I think its Jeremy, you know, he shouts at everyone, busy, busy, etc. Hamster is always late.

:roll: Now I know this is a big fibby ;) with these grammatical errors you are truly spoiling us :thumbsup:

James_May said:
Spelling? Everything posted, was checked by MS Word Spell check. As for use of punctuation, see below.

You're digging a hole mate, you're digging a nice big grave. Let me show you my next piece of evidence:

The REAL James May said:
For example, I am writing this, at home, on a computer on which pretty much every function (apart from the one making the characters appear on the screen) has been disabled. But when I'm at the Top Gear office, the desktop word engine provided for me there constantly attempts to correct my grammar.

Essentially, there's a bloke somewhere in the Microsoft empire whose pedantry and smugness has been codified in digital form so that he has become as omnipotent as God, only rather less creative. He even tries to correct the spelling of some words, when he can't possibly know how to spell them because I've only just made them up. It drives me mental.

As printed in the Daily Telegraph 16 October 2004.

:lol:

The REAL James May said:
For example, I am writing this, at home, on a computer on which pretty much every function (apart from the one making the characters appear on the screen) has been disabled. But when I'm at the Top Gear office, the desktop word engine provided for me there constantly attempts to correct my grammar. quote]

Yes I know! But, did I say I was writing this, at home? No, I did not.

James_May said:
cath333 said:
a little better at spelling and the proper application of punctuation.

GraemeH said:

James, writes scripts, so comma are used, a lot, because you write differently for something to be read out aloud.

Ah, so you're at the 'graph then mate? Hmmmm, so that means you're not appearing on Top Gear this week,

Bugger, I'm late, again. But I did say I was going, afterall today is Wednesday. And I did say I was going on Wednesday.

Ok... get your spell check onto your signature mate. You know... that word ATTITUDE.

Seeing as that your job requires your grasp of spelling and grammar, Why then do you start a sentence with And? Thats an international English no-no. I guess you already knew that though.

Leppy said:
Why then do you start a sentence with And? Thats an international English no-no. I guess you already knew that though.

There is this contention that you must not start a sentence with, and. But it?s perfectly acceptable in Modern English.

I note, you?re not English. It may interest you to know, that many English speaking nations still teach, the old fashioned version of English grammar, etc. That doesn't always reflect Modern English used in the United Kingdom. Schools do not teach you to write scripts either.

Scripts, newspaper or magazine writing is different. It is supposed to be clear and concise. Writing something like, in addition to, instead of and, is not concise. And quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

Here try it for yourself, read these sentences out loud, in your best speaking voice.

1) Is not concise. And quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

2) Is not concise. In additon to quite a mouthful when you?re reading it out loud.

3) Is not concise. As well as quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

4) Is not concise. Furthermore quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

OK, did you find sentence 1 was the easiest to read?

As for my signature, well I wrote that a home, without the spell checker, obviously. So that's why it was spelt wrong.... What?s the Norwegian for ?Oh cock??

Dude, I can't believe you're still carrying on with this, but do continue because I've been laughing my socks off for the last couple of days. :lol:

James_May said:

I think the real James would know that "your" in that case needs an apostrophe and an e .... that is to say it should be "you're". Oh yeah, I read your post before you edited it, and I often read things out load. :lol:

What?s the Norwegian for ?Oh cock??

I know the answer to that !!!

James_May said:
Leppy said:
Why then do you start a sentence with And? Thats an international English no-no. I guess you already knew that though.

Schools do not teach you to write scripts either.

2) Is not concise. In additon to quite a mouthful when you?re reading it out loud.

3) Is not concise. As well as quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

4) Is not concise. Furthermore quite a mouthful when your reading it out loud.

OK, did you find sentence 1 was the easiest to read?

As for my signature, well I wrote that a home, without the spell checker, obviously. So that's why it was spelt wrong....

Actually I had a semester in grade 12 on script writing and newspaper articles. Came 6 in my grades rank order too... out of 336 students.

Electrastar~Indochine: Give him a break... he got 1 from 4 right haha.

Oh and James... you'll have to do better in your posts to convince us.

:lol: I have never seen so many commas in my life!

As a *cough* fellow journalist my dear, I don't claim to be an expert, however I know that writing for print, tv or radio scripts is really rather different. ;)

Takes all sorts :roll: I'm with Leppy - we need more convincing.

Dude, I can't believe you're still carrying on with this, but do continue because I've been laughing my socks off for the last couple of days. :lol:

James_May said:

I think the real James would know that "your" in that case needs an apostrophe and an e .... that is to say it should be "you're". Oh yeah, I read your post before you edited it, and I often read things out load. :lol:

What?s the Norwegian for ?Oh cock??

I know the answer to that !!!

May-Defendor you're cracking me up :D