BMW 4 door coupe

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
So,

MB made the CLS, the first 4 door coupe. Audi are making the A7 which also be a 4 door coupe. Porsche are making The Panamera, Astom Martin The Rapide (Aston doesn't make them yet, but they have the idea right, hope they will). Dont know for sure will the last two be the direct competitors to the CLS and A7 so corect me if I'm wrong. VW are quiet and I cant care less.

So now where will the BMW fit in? Well they will fit afcorse, how will they name it?

MB named it CLS as I think the CL stands for luxury an the coupe thingy and the S for luxury ant 4 doors. Mix them together and you have a 4 door coupe. A child of the CL class and the S class.

Audi with its A7 fits perfectly to in it's gama of cars. Its will better then the A6, not then the A8.

And now we come to BMW. Like MB, BMW has the 6 series ant the 7 series. So it should be somewhere in between. But how would they name it? 8 taken, 9 series? I think it's to much above the 7 series. It should be 6.5, but I dont think that would look or sound good :D But I dont think they will bother making one... :)

P. S. since we are on a BMW topic, what do think about the next 8 series? I love the old one and after the new BMW range I always thought how it would look like. What it should have? What kind of engine and toys?

i hope they won't be making them

4 door coupe wtf, it's like having a front wheel drive, rear engined car

I don't get the appeal of these cars... they're stuck between two models. The CLS' rear part is too tiny for a tall adult to sit in. I'm not freakishly tall and I would not want to sit in the back of the CLS. So if the rear seats are so useless, then why not buy a two-door?

So... no, I would not want or care if BMW sent such a car to the market.

bmw is working on an r-class competitor, but i haven't heard on any CLS competitor yet.

Seriously? The R-Class is beyond stupid and so is every single person who has bought one. It's such a gender-bending piece of crap...

i like the R class, it looks kinda nice

and has more purpose than an ml or sth

I find the R-Class so repulsive, maybe it's just me. It is so ugly and then so elongated too.

i hope they won't be making them

4 door coupe wtf, it's like having a front wheel drive, rear engined car

I don't get the appeal of these cars... they're stuck between two models. The CLS' rear part is too tiny for a tall adult to sit in. I'm not freakishly tall and I would not want to sit in the back of the CLS. So if the rear seats are so useless, then why not buy a two-door?

Agreed all round.

So,

MB made the CLS, the first 4 door coupe.

Looks to me like you're forgetting a few cars that are in essence also 4-door coupes.... Mazda 323F, Mazda RX8 to name 2....

Last edited:
Moved to General Automotive section....

So now where will the BMW fit in? Well they will fit afcorse, how will they name it?
I don't care what the name of it is but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing their attempt at a four-door coupe. The introduction of the CLS has been huge and people obviously like it (or hate it...it's one of those cars).

I'm not sure how BMW will mix the styling of their sedans with the styling of their coupes :dunno:

I'm not the biggest figure but I find the rear seats of the CLS to be quite allright. On most coupe's (TT, CLK, 3-Series), the rear seats are useless so the CLS provides the best of both worlds. It's not like the people who buy CLS's use them as dedicated family cars anyway.

i like the R class, it looks kinda nice

and has more purpose than an ml or sth
You of all people I'm surprised is saying that.

I hate the R-Class with a passion. It's soooo FUGLY and the concept is stupid. It's got one more seat than a normal sedan and trying to get into those rear seats is ridiculous. The GL makes more sense, but that's far more car.

P. S. since we are on a BMW topic, what do think about the next 8 series? I love the old one and after the new BMW range I always thought how it would look like. What it should have? What kind of engine and toys?

i couldnt care less about what the next CLS is gonna look like, the current CLS from Mercedes is fugly as sin already, and its a bloody heavy pig. As for BMW, i rekon the 5L V10 would be a nice choice for the new 8 series, a perfect GT car.

What i would like to see from BMW is the M8, a hardcore GT that goes head to head with the Noble M14 or the Porsche 911 Turbo. It will be similar to the M6, 507bhp, 204mph, but with alot of weight reduction and lose some fancy electronics and comfort feature but while still being able to keep the normal BMW's high quality interior standards and comfort features, finally an option of a manual gearbox and maybe a sports button that tweaks the engine a bit more to give out an extra 50bhp or so.

Time to put mercedes to shame BMW, i got faith in you guys... oh wait.. i forgot... you guys are already doing that :D

Last edited:
I don't understand how BMW would gain from producing either an R-Class competitor, or a new 8-Series. The R hasn't sold well, as I believe the Benz buying public have realized what an atrocity it is, and the 8-Series would be redundant with the current 6-Series.

Hmmm. Jeremy seems to fit, and hes 6"5.

http://img167.imageshack.**/img167/8559/vlcsnap1034381lk9.jpg

I do. It's really pretty like a coupe, but it still has the practicalty of a saloon.

I'm 6'3" and I fit fine in the back, even when I put the seat in front of me in what would be my own position. I didn't have tons of room, but I fit well enough.

I love old 8-series BMW, not many of them on the roads. I would like to see new generation, but I can't imagine how it would fill in the range, 6 series is quite big.. Four dour coupes are pointless, but I really like how CLS looks like. And R-Class does look weird and our former president have recently bought one.

Look at his head though, it's pointing to the floor and his head is still almost hitting the roofline. I don't know, I just stated my experience in the back of a CLS.

Hmmm. Jeremy seems to fit, and hes 6"5.

http://img167.imageshack.**/img167/8559/vlcsnap1034381lk9.jpg

I do. It's really pretty like a coupe, but it still has the practicalty of a saloon.

IMO the CLS is one of the best-looking Mercs, right alongside the 300 SL. I just love its smooth lines and elegance.

Oh I agree I love the design but I wouldn't buy one.