BMW Alpina B4 - Dealers, warranty and service

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
I'm in the thinking box getting a replacement for my BMW 335i, and I am very tempted by the BMW Alpina B4 Biturbo.
However, I have been trying to get an answer to this question: Will BMW service the Alpina cars and will they honor the warranty?
Even my rep at the local BMW dealer had problems answering, he claims they never had anyone ask about Alpinas before, but he would check and get back to me.... It's been 2 months..

So, anyone here had any experiences owning an Alpina?

I can't help you on the servicing question, but you have my approval for getting this car :thumbup:

You should maybe try contacting BMW Group Norway, if you haven't already.

You should maybe try contacting BMW Group Norway, if you haven't already.
Yeah, good point. I have only been in contact with my local dealer. I'll contact the norwegian headquarters and try to get an answer from them.

FWIW, I ordered a set of OEM shock absorbers for an Alpina D10 (E39 touring) and got really good service from their parts department.
The shocks turned out to be made by Sachs and completely identical to E39 M-sport ones on the outside, but who knows what they did to the gubbins inside.

I'm thinking that it should be possible, but as others said try talking to the national BMW head office and maybe Alpina them selves.

I just had a poke around their website and they really have some lovely stuff.

I'm not sure I would take a B4 over a regular M4, but that B3 Biturbo Touring though, especially in Alpina green with the classic stripes down the side
:heavyb:

Last edited:
I'm thinking that it should be possible, but as others said try talking to the national BMW head office and maybe Alpina them selves.

I just had a poke around their website and they really have some lovely stuff.

I'm not sure I would take a B4 over a regular M4, but that B3 Biturbo Touring though, especially in Alpina green with the classic stripes down the side
:heavyb:

If I was interested in taking the car to the track, I might have gone for the M4, but here are the facts:

B4: Power: 410 hp Torque: 600nm 0-100 kph (0-62mph): 4.2 sec Top Speed: 303 kph, LSD optional, xDrive optional
M4: Power: 431 hp Torque: 550nm 0-100 kph (0-62mph): 4.1 sec Top Speed: 280 kph (If you choose the M Driver Package and attend a course), LSD as standard, rwd only

Of course, the M4 has some different styling, which I'm not the biggest fan of. The M4 has better brakes, you can get carbon cermamic ones, it has a stiffer chassis and so on.
I really can't find any reason to choose a M4 over an Alpina B4, unless I would take such an expensive car to a track, which I wouldn't.

Oh, another thing is that the Alpina B4 has no fake engine noise from the speakers!

Last edited: