BMW E24 M6 vs Porsche 928

BMW E24 M6 vs Porsche 928

• Total voters

Strelok16

Car(s)
'69 Mustang project, '92 Buick Retiree-gal
Besides my thoughts that I actually posted in that thread, the "Cool cars you should actually be able to buy" topic also got me thinking about these two:

e24m6149K009.jpg

VS

Porsche928GTS.jpg

so which one?

Last edited:
Tough choice. M6 wins for me for having a stronger engine (at this age it makes a difference) and on looks.

I want to vote for the E24 over and over again. Can I?

Also, it should be diamondschwarz or midnight blue.

Black M6 with a turbo please.

928, if you're considering a later model (facelift), all the failures of the first-series 928 where sorted out then.

how is this even a question? Clearly the M6 is the winrar

I saw an early 928 at auction a few weeks ago. Looked great, it had blue chequered seats with blue leather trim, and the interior was quintessentially eighties, with large buttons. It was a great looking machine, and you can't say no to a V8.

Would I buy one, at that age? Probably not.

easy choice.

BMW

and I prefer calling it the 635CSi, cos an M6 should be......... well, should be that epic V10 M6.

and I prefer calling it the 635CSi, cos an M6 should be......... well, should be that epic V10 M6.

and also, here in europe - THE reference when it comes to cars :p - it's never been named M6...so i say 635CSI as well

the square Bimmer without the attack mode demolition bumpers.

69.JPG

the square Bimmer without the attack mode demolition bumpers.

69.JPG

http://img217.imageshack.**/img217/6088/1985bmwm635csi.jpg

The E24 is always in attack mode. It will eat unsuspecting pedestrians.

http://img694.imageshack.**/img694/4594/m6l687.jpg

Also, they don't necessarily hunt alone.

I have no idea why, but I have a serious amount of WANT for the Beemer

The Porsche, while awesome,loses out because it's not a "proper" Porsche. Flat 6 > V8

Or should I say Porsche Flat 6 > Porsche V8

one is hard to find, and the other is easy to find, and incredibly impossible to find with a manual transmission

m6 for me.

I love the looks of the BMW, and if I were looking for a car, it would be high on my list.

That said, the later 928's -- the S4's and newer -- have truly awe inspiring performance even by today's standards. In their era, they were one of the best supercars available.

But you had to live with the looks...and the stigma (then) of water cooled, front engine Porsche, so their value has plummeted. They depreciated FASTER than typical used cars, if anything.

Steve