#(BMW)gear.fi 2013

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Still keeping up with the theme.. :p

So, first up, ice track day. Attempt number seventy million. Let's see if we could finally make this happen. :D The date and place are set; Saturday 2.3.2013 at Yl?mylly RC track near Joensuu. Iirc the track is open from 10 to 17, so the plan was to drive there on Friday. For now I've failed to find any cabins with sensible pricing, so how about a motel some 6km away from the track..? They even have (3 person) rooms with sauna for 85e.

Last edited:
Incidentally, on that date I'm at Tahko at the M-B club ice track day :p

Kai sit? vois tulla aliohjailemaan bemarien ohi.

Kai sit? vois tulla aliohjailemaan bemarien ohi.

Valitettavasti tuonne radalle p??see vain BMW clubin j?senet, mutta t?? omalla porukalla j??radan bookkaaminen on laahannut niin pahasti (ja kauan), et pakko jostain aloittaa. :) Mutta jos aikataulut antaa periksi, niin perjantaina olisi ihan FG-meininki?, toivottavasti m?kill? (eli l?hinn? ett? saadaan tarpeeksi vahvistaneita paikalletulijoita).

Aijaa, taitaa sit j??d? v?list? toi reissu.

Well, if you check out http://chat.finalgear.com/ or http://www.finalgear.com/chat (same but different size) you will find the chat via a webplugin. If you prefer that or just wanna do it properly, just take any irc-client you like and connect to irc.finalgear.com and then join #gear ! And in this case you might enjoy #gear.fi too ;). And if you care for traveling/meeting, #ringmeet ! Right now its just quite crowded due to the new TG season. That will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Practice run for southeners available this Saturday (23.2.). At least few of us are heading to Sipoo, probably around noon. And to summarize the track rules here, helmet required, 20e / day and cardboard or similar to keep under the car while parked.

Last edited:
Sais nyt sen japanin pommin ajoon ni vois l?htee sinne it?suomeen 2.3, sis??najamaan konetta yms. J??radalle en kuitenkaan raaski l?hte?, ett? sivusta tulee varmaan t?t?kin hupia seurattua.

Jos Tsuku p??tt?? j??d? kotia niin repsikassa on tilaa, ja otan siihen mielell?ni jonkun karttamieheks!

Last edited:
Still keeping up with the theme.. :p

So, first up, ice track day. Attempt number seventy million. Let's see if we could finally make this happen. :D The date and place are set; Saturday 2.3.2013 at Yl?mylly RC track near Joensuu. Iirc the track is open from 10 to 17, so the plan was to drive there on Friday. For now I've failed to find any cabins with sensible pricing, so how about a motel some 6km away from the track..? They even have (3 person) rooms with sauna for 85e.

So, we booked this place for Fri-Sat night, in case there's some forum peopl that want to join in. I'm guessing we'll arrive somewhere around 20-21..?

Yeah, booking has been done and the place has been paid for. The more faces we get to stay over, the cheaper it is per pers..on.

I try to be able to leave tomorrow at 15ish, depending of workload and preparations. That will mean I'll arrive at the same time.

Almost a week late, but here we go:

z8fKHEz.jpg

Pizza! Everybody brought frozen pizza except me (I brought Bratwurst)

Obn6xLs.jpg

frankiess setting up the Zello walkie talkie app, does it work?

VuxTdoz.jpg

Holy crap, success!

39DXmxW.jpg

Bromic: SUCCESS!

CqAxUMQ.jpg

DaBoom doing his Willy Wonka look: Oh, you got an app working. You must be so proud.

BbetKUa.jpg

DaBoom in the outside-ness.

1ix9ZHd.jpg

Salute!

IXBrimI.jpg

Relax, nothing's going to break.

12OIuwD.jpg

Everything tastes better with washer fluid.

First video, please ignore my ramblings with BrotherMichael. :p

[video=youtube;WFYxmZ-0v3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYxmZ-0v3w[/video]

Last edited:
July Roadtrip

July Roadtrip

Hehe, videos still pending. Frankiess style. :D

While waiting, it's time to plan the first summer drive. Here are the plans so far. The date is Saturday, 1.6 15.6.. and the planned route goes like this: http://goo.gl/maps/pyk0s (quick sketch, subject to change). The idea was to start from Nastola and spend the day driving the route, ending at Lemi for some traditional local grub. At the moment it seems we'll rent a cabin for the night some 50km away.

We'll need confirmations for the cabin(s) at least, possibly for the restaurant as well if there's enough of us. The (all you can eat) dinner costs 30e and Jupix shall inform us about cabin prices.

Last edited:
The day has been marked on the calendar. Will be there!

I'd kinda want to tag along, but I'm a bit pensive, and concerned about how this would affect my ringmeet budget. I'll have to look into it.