BMW GINA Light Visionary Concept - WTF

Love it! Very revolutionary. Only problem lies with trying to make a production version. I'm very curious what the federal safety people would say about this. Also, I hope its knife resistant...

If they can get around every little practical thing ( most mentioned here already) This could do some amazing things for cars.

That was actually a really good video to watch too

Yeah, heard about that too ... when you add a specific amount of heat, they get liquid, add even more heat, they turn into Gas ... WOW! Imagine Gas-Metal on a Car!!! AWSOME? !!! :p:p :mrgreen:

:bunny:

sry, ate a Clown yesterday, still feel sick

Well, that's true with every kind of metal.. Difference just is how much heat it takes.. :) And how would you control liquid metal? Magnets?
It's a brilliant concept, and i think it looks great, but there are quite a few basic problems with it, as it is right now.
But very nice to see BMW being innovative :)

This is indeed a very interesting idea. A car made of that sory of material would never rush, and would be easier to mend. Reminds me a bit of the old Velorex. The shape itself reminds me of the Mach 1 though, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Last edited:
Interesting idea, but the picture in OP made me think
"Oh wow. Squinty car is squinty. That is hideous"

I thought they fired Bangle! :lol:

Very, very cool though.

I thought they fired Bangle! :lol:

Very, very cool though.

Nope, they promoted the guy.

Interesting concept though... if they couple it with the modular body of the GM Hy-wire (see Top Gear S2E9), you could have near complete freedom over what your car looks or is configured like at any given moment of indecision. It would be clothing for your car, changeable as often as your budget allows. Oh, the future, what bright and uncertain possibilities it brings!

80mph down the highway + rock from under truck infront of you..... RIIIPPPP

Also, if the material is wrapped tight on the body, and there's a slight tear, it'll snap like a rubber band.

Wow... This concept definitely opens a new path for the automotive world to follow!

Shape-shifting is one feature I'd love to see on the roads! :D

Very cool ideas, but not sure how it would work for overall security. Weight saving is great and to be able to change shape on the road is terrific. Love the headlights :D

Stunning concept! Beautifully constructed.

I'd like to see how it acts at 150+ mph, though... :) It's most likely meant to be driven much more cautiously...

Well I hope they introduce a big ass Tide marker to go to get out oil stains and what not. :lol: But in all seriousness wild car and the video does make it sound like he's some kind of genius.

Interesting, but I wouldn't buy one. I see all sorts of problems with that skin wearing out or getting torn or punctured with daily use.

It's only a concept at the moment but the cloth itself looks pretty durable. You wouldn't have to worry about small dents from other people's car doors, small stone chips and crap on the road won't cause those long, thin scratches on the lower parts of the bumpers and doors, and it's harder to key a car that's made out of a thick cloth.

chris bangle definitely smokes the sensi. cool shit.

dude! the mother-f'in car blinked!!!

Last edited: