BMW M5

BMW M5

• Total voters

Call any BMW a "/// anything" again and I'll reach through the interwebs and beat you with your own keyboard.

Why did you choose the pic of the E60 with those wheels?

E39 = best balance between old skool no nonsense performance with very modern styling and luxuries.

E60 = too fat and overdone. I see dozens of E60 M5s on the street and they just appear too huge and bloated to me now. Great i bet for a long distance cruise, but so un-lithe compared to the E39.

The older models are nice but too old for my tastes.

I still think the E60 M5s are way too complicated. They may be well engineered and good to drive, but it looks absolutely horrid. For me, the a proper E39 M5 with a 6 speed box was the last proper and handsome M5.

E60 is just it for me. Love those cars, although ideally it would have E39 styling. :)

What a hard one. I love the E34 and the E39 and quite like the E60 as well, however my vote (after some serious consideration) went to the E39. It's just such a lovely car.

S85 all teh way!

The E39's lines are much simpler and the proportions inch perfect. And looking back at Tiff's road test, the handling's brilliant as well. Also, much more discreet than the E60.

They are all awesome but I love Idrive, the V10 sound is irresistible so I'll have the E60.

I fell in love with the old E28 style, the car I wished my dad would buy so it is my choice. That said I like all the other body styles too except for the E60. Despite working at BMW and seeing a few E60 M5s in for servicing I never warmed up to the style, its one of the few times I prefer conservative styling.